Mute - Jachary

Type: fluff
Warnings: hate speech, discrimination
Requested by: InternallyInvisible
Wc: 1854

🧸✨ you look stunning in that outfit

Third person

Zach hated spotlight. He hated attention and everything that came with it. His hatred for being in the spotlight did not come in handy when he started dating the famous singer, Jack Avery. The two met in a cafe, Zach had no idea who Jack was and Jack found the younger boy interesting. Although Zach had selective mutism, they communicated in other ways, through texting, a little bit of sign language, and music.

Now that the two have been a couple for almost two years, Zach had become more comfortable with talking around Jack. Zach's mutism was very selective because he was teased for his voice his entire life, so he only talks to people he trusts a lot. Jack supports his boyfriend of course and defends him against anybody that tries to pick on him.

"Hey bub, we gotta go to the dinner now," Jack said to the boy in his arms. The two were hugging each other tightly to calm Zach's nerves of going out in public.

"I don't want to," Zach mumbled.

"I know honey, but you said you would be there, and we haven't hung out with the boys in a while, it'll be fun," Jack tried to convince the boy.

"I know, let's just go before I overthink it again."

Jack nodded in agreement then lead Zach out of the house and to his car. He opened the door for him before getting into the driver seat.

•at the restaurant•

Paparazzi was waiting for the couple outside of the restaurant, making Zach's anxiety rise immediately. Jack noticed and held onto Zach's hand tightly.

"It'll be okay bub, just stay close to me."

Jack got out of the car then walked around the front to open Zach's door for him. He helped Zach out of the car then held his hand tightly and locked the car. He shoved the keys into his pocket then lead Zach to the restaurant.

"Jack! Your new music has given you a big boost, what are your next plans?" Someone shouted.

"To keep giving the people what they want to hear," Jack answered simply.

"What's the deal with your boyfriend? Why doesn't he talk?" Someone else shouted. Jack chose to ignore that question. He knew Zach heard it though so he kept him close and began walking faster.

They eventually made it into the restaurant and away from the paparazzi.

"Hi, our friends are here under the reservation Besson," Jack said to the hostess.

"Oh yeah! Follow me!" She said kindly. The couple followed her through the restaurant and into a private room. Whenever they are out they always got a private room so Jack wouldn't be recognized and so Zach could speak comfortably if he chose to.

"Thank you so much," Jack said to the hostess as she showed them the table. She nodded and handed everyone the menus. Jack and Zach sat on the same side as Eben. Jonah, Daniel, and Corbyn were on the other side of the table.