New band member - Jorbyn

Type: fluffWarnings: panic attack

Type: fluff
Warnings: panic attack

When words are both true and kind, they can change the world - Buddha

Third person

Jonah stood in line, patiently waiting his turn to audition to join his favourite band, Why Don't We. They were holding auditions for their fifth member, they claimed that they needed someone with a deep voice, so Jonah knew he had a shot.

As the line got shorter Jonah's nerves got worse. His hands started shaking and he began to sweat. There were now only three people in front of him, and this is when the overthinking began.

What if I mess up on a note? What if I forget the lyrics? What if I make a fool of myself and they don't accept me?

Jonah didn't even realize he was crying until a stage person was telling him it was his turn. He began to freak out, but he wiped his tears, nodded and walked on stage with the microphone he was given.

"Hello, what's your name?" Jack asked.

"J-Jonah Marais," Jonah answered nervously.

"Where are you from Jonah?" Daniel asked.

"Stillwater Minnesota."

"What are you going to sing for us today?" Zach piped in.

"Uh, 'what am I' by you guys," Jonah said shakily.

"Good luck," Corbyn said. Jonah nodded then took a few deep breaths. The soundtrack started and Jonah closed his eyes.

He wasn't paying attention and before he knew it he missed his cue to start. He opened his eyes to see all four boys looking at him unimpressed. Tears filled his eyes and he began running backstage, he accidentally dropped his microphone on the way.

He ran to a random hallway and sat down with his back against the wall. He tucked his knees into his chest and cried into his arms.

How could I be so stupid? I missed my cue, I've practiced a million times and I still missed it. Stupid, stupid. Stupid.

Jonah was crying too much to notice that someone had sat next to him.

"Hey, are you okay?" A soft voice asked. Jonah jumped from fear and quickly snapped his head in the direction of the voice. He then saw it was Corbyn Besson, THE Corbyn Besson, which made him freak out even more. "Hey, Hey, it's okay. I'm not going to hurt you."