Love song - Jachary

Type: fluff
Warnings: arguing
Wc: 1931

🧸✨ go for a walk, work out, do something that makes your body happy. I promise you'll feel better after

Third person

Being in a long distance relationship is hard, especially for two boys that have lived right across the street their entire lives.

Jack and Zach got together when they were 15, and they've been together for 3 and a half years. They had to separate only 4 months ago when Jack went off to school in California to pursue his career in music, while Zach was still stuck in Texas, as he was going to his local college.

Every night, the couple FaceTimed until they fell asleep, it helped them cope with the distance. And Jack made sure, that every Friday, he had a new love song ready to sing to Zach. Of course they were short because they were only made in a week, but Zach appreciated them. Sometimes Jack would write them, sometimes he would just sing a cover, but either way he always sang to Zach before he went to bed every Friday night.

"Hi baby," Jack said through the screen.

"Hi bub," Zach replied with a wide smile.

"How was your day?"

"It was okay, school was a bitch like normal. I don't even know why I'm in college, I don't even want to be an engineer, but my parents do. I want to do art, sell my art, create my own business maybe. But no, that's not allowed in the Herron house hold, we all need to be doctors or engineers or lawyers, I'm sick of it," Zach ranted. Jack just sat and listened to the boy rant. He got this rant almost daily, but he knew Zach was frustrated so he just listened and gave a listening ear, only stepping in if Zach was building up with anxiety and stressing himself out. "I tried talking to them about it and all they say is that I won't be successful as an artist."

Jack saw as Zach grew visibly frustrated, he had tears in his eyes and his hands were flying around as he talked.

"Bubba, calm down. It's okay baby. I understand that you're frustrated and it's totally acceptable. But you don't need to stress yourself out over this. Can you change your major without your parents knowing?" Jack questioned.

"Y-Yeah but it would be hard to hide since I'm a bad liar."

"Then don't lie baby. This is your life, you get to choose how to live it. So go and look at how to switch your major, and switch it to art or whatever you want. Change your courses and take more art classes. It's totally up to you baby but I hate seeing you so down about school, I want you to be happy," Jack said softly. Zach just wiped his tears and nodded.

"I'll look at it tomorrow. Thank you Jacky," Zach said.

"You're welcome baby. How about you get your song a day early?" Jack offered, seeing as Zach could use a distraction. Zach smiled and nodded.

"Yes please."

"Okay, this one is called Love Song, it took me a few weeks to write so I hope you like it," Jack explained as he grabbed his guitar.

"I wrote another love song baby about you
I've written one for every second without you
It goes like this, oh-oh-oh-oh