Love, anonymous - Jorbyn

Requested by: @peachy-smiles

Type: fluff/high school au
Warnings: none

Someone out there thinks you are perfect just the way you are. Find them 🧸✨

Third person

Corbyn scrunched his eyebrows when he heard the doorbell ring, he wasn't expecting anyone that night. He slowly walked over to the door and opened it, he was confused when nobody was there. He looked around and found a small box with a note attached. He picked up the box and brought it inside to his bedroom. Corbyn detached the note from the box and read it.

Dear Corbyn,
I have been in love with you for so long, and I've wanted to tell you more than anything, but I don't think that you see me that way. I've heard you talk about this gift a lot, so I decided to get it for you, I hope you enjoy it.
Love,
anonymous

Corbyn scrunched his eyebrows out of confusion as he opened the box, he pulled out a small box with the brand logo "Peoples". He opened the jewellery box and pulled out a beautiful bracelet. His jaw dropped, he knew the bracelet was very expensive, who would love him that much to buy it for him?

•the next day•

Corbyn walked into school and skipped over to his best friend, Jonah.

"Hey Jo!" Corbyn exclaimed.

"Hey Corbs," Jonah replied, pulling the younger boy into a hug. Corbyn smiled into Jonah's shoulder before pulling away. Jonah glanced down at Corbyn's wrist and smiled when he saw the bracelet placed there. "When did you get the bracelet?"

"Yesterday," Corbyn said softly.

"Did you buy it?"

"Uh no, it was a gift."

"From who?"

"I don't know," Corbyn admitted. He was scared of Jonah's response, he thought the older boy would think it was weird.

"What do you mean?"

"My doorbell rang and there was a box with a note, and the note was a secret admirer I guess, then in the box was the bracelet," Corbyn explained. He covered his hands with the oversized hoodie he had on. Corbyn liked to dress more femininely than most guys. He enjoyed wearing skirts and dresses, but he mainly just wore those when he was alone.

"That's interesting," Jonah said with a small smile. Corbyn nodded in agreement. Suddenly, the two heard the bell ring. "See you at lunch?"

"Yeah, bye Jo," Corbyn said as he started walking away.

"Bye Corbs," Jonah replied. Corbyn finally turned so he was facing away from Jonah, he then started walking to his first class.

•at lunch•

Corbyn sat down at his regular table across from Jonah. The pair had many more friends, they just liked to sit with only each other at lunch.

"How's your day going?" Jonah asked the blonde.

"It's good, I've been trying to think of possibilities of who gave me the bracelet," Corbyn answered.

"Have you come up with anyone?"

"No, I've only told a few people that I want this bracelet."

"I'm sure you'll figure it out soon."

"I hope so."

•that night•

Corbyn smiled when he heard the doorbell ring, he didn't think anyone was coming, but maybe it was anonymous again. He skipped over to the door and opened it, he looked around and saw a note laying on the ground. He picked it up and read it.

Dear Corbyn,
Hey! It's me again. I really want to tell you something but I want it to be in real life, meet me at the park down the street from your house at 5:30. Don't worry about eating dinner, I'll take you out somewhere :)
Love,
Anonymous."

Corbyn smiled then looked at his watch, he realized that it was already 5:00, meaning he only had half an hour to get ready. He quickly ran upstairs and changed into a nicer outfit which was black skinny jeans, a baby blue crop top, his checkered vans, a few silver bracelets and his favourite silver ring. He walked over to the bathroom attached to his room and took out his hair stuff and makeup. He didn't bother showering because he showered this morning. He blow dried his hair and brushed it out so it was somewhat styled. Corbyn took out his makeup and put on some concealer to cover his few pimples and some blush. He finally looked in the mirror and was content with his looks, he was ready to meet anonymous.

He looked at his phone and quickly realized it was 5:28 and he'd be late if he didn't leave immediately. He grabbed his wallet before running downstairs. He ran to the front door.

"Where are you going?" Corbyn's mom asked from the kitchen.

"Out to meet a friend, I'll text you when I'm coming home," Corbyn rushed out. His mom nodded as approval and Corbyn ran out of the house.

He speed walked down his street and to the nearby park that he was familiar of. He looked around to try to find someone, and a figure sitting on the bench caught his eye. He slowly walked over and realized that it was Jonah. "Jo?" Corbyn questioned.  Jonah stood up and faced Corbyn with a smile.

"Hey Corbs."

"What are you doing here?" Corbyn asked. He was confused why anonymous wasn't here yet. Jonah slightly frowned and looked at the bracelet on Corbyn's wrist.

"I see you like the bracelet I got you," Jonah mumbled. Corbyn looked down at his wrist then back up at Jonah. His eyebrows scrunched together in confusion until he finally put the pieces together. He smiled widely and pulled Jonah into a tight hug.

"I love the bracelet," Corbyn whispered to Jonah. The older boy wrapped his arms around Corbyn's waist tightly while Corbyn placed his around Jonah's neck.

"I'm glad you like it," Jonah replied. They slowly pulled away from the hug and Corbyn smiled up at Jonah.

"It was you this whole time?" Corbyn asked.

"Yeah, anonymous is me."

"Why didn't you just tell me Jo?"

"I was scared about what you'd think of me. We're best friends, I didn't think you saw me that way," Jonah answered with a frown. Corbyn smiled wider and pulled Jonah's chin up gently. He locked eyes with the brunette before connecting their lips. Jonah pulled Corbyn's waist closer and Corbyn placed his hands on the back of Jonah's neck, gently playing with his hair.

They slowly pulled away and smiled at each other. "Will you be mine?" Jonah asked hopefully.

"Of course Jobear," Corbyn answered. Jonah pulled Corbyn into another tight hug and rocked back and forth.

"Now how about I take you on a dinner date?"

Corbyn pulled away and kissed Jonah's cheek.

"Sounds amazing."