Perfect Family - jeben

Type: fluffWarnings: mention of bullying

Type: fluff
Warnings: mention of bullying

Kindness is the light that dissolves all walls between souls, families, and nations - Paramahansa Yogananda

Third person

Jonah walked into his house as he made it home from work. He was more excited than normal to see his family, as today was an extra long work day.

He walked inside and his three year old son, Zach, waddled over to him.

"Hey buddy!" Jonah said softly. He put down his briefcase and smiled down at Zach as he made grabby hands toward Jonah. Jonah picked up the young boy and kissed his cheek. Just then Jonah's husband, Eben, walked in.

"I see how it is, our son gets a kiss before me," Eben whined playfully. Jonah giggled then walked over to Eben. He placed a soft kiss on Eben's lips, making the older man smile. "How was your day love?"

"Stressful, but I'm with my amazing husband and four amazing children now so that makes up for it," Jonah said with a smile.

Zach suddenly wanted something on the floor so Jonah let him down onto the ground. Jack, Jonah's five year old, started running to Jonah.

"Dada!" Jack shouted excitedly. Jonah picked him up and spun him around, making Jack burst into giggles. He gently kissed Jack's forehead with a smile.

"Hey bud! How are you?" Jonah asked gently.

"I'm good Dada! Daddy taught me how to play hide and seek today!" Jack exclaimed.

"You'll have to teach me how to play after dinner, you go play with Zachy now okay?"

"Okay dada!" Jack agreed. Jonah put Jack on the floor and the small boy instantly ran over to Zach.

"Where's Daniel and Corbyn?" Jonah asked, turning back to Eben.

"They went up to their rooms as soon as they got home. They both seemed pretty upset," Eben sighed. Jonah nodded and kissed Eben's forehead.

"I'll go talk to them."

Eben nodded and watched as Jonah made his way upstairs.

He walked into Daniel's room and saw him laying on his bed facing the wall. Daniel just started grade 2 while Corbyn just started grade 6. "Daniel? Can I talk to you bud?" Jonah asked softly. He sat on the bed next to Daniel and gently rubbed his back.

"I really want to be alone right now dad, I'm sorry," Daniel said, not making any effort to look at Jonah.

"Ok, come talk to me when you're ready buddy."

Jonah gently rubbed Daniel's head before he walked out of his room. He made his way over to Corbyn's room and walked in. Corbyn was in the same position that Daniel was. "Corbyn?" Jonah called out softly.

"Yeah dad?" Corbyn replied quietly.

"Can I talk to you?" Jonah asked. Corbyn just shrugged his shoulders. Jonah sat down on the bed and rubbed Corbyn's shoulder gently. "I noticed that you and Daniel are pretty upset. What's wrong?"

"I'm okay dad," Corbyn said. Jonah didn't believe him though.

"I'm not dumb Corbs, I was your age at one point too. Can you please talk to me," Jonah asked sweetly. Corbyn sat up next to Jonah with teary eyes. "What's wrong buddy?"

"Daniel and I, we get bullied every single day for having two dads. I try to stand up for him and myself but it just keeps getting worse. I hate school so much because of it! I don't want to go anymore!" Corbyn explained. The 11 year old boy broke down into sobs. Jonah took him into his arms and held him tight.

"Why didn't you tell me bud?" Jonah asked softly.

"Because I know how much it hurts you when people are mean about you and papa," Corbyn sobbed. Jonah gently squeezed Corbyn with a soft smile. He loves Corbyn so much, he considered other's feelings before his own.

"I know it does bud, but you need to tell me when these things are going on. Then I can help you," Jonah soothed. Corbyn cuddled into his dad even more and smiled slightly.

"I love you dad," Corbyn said quietly.

"I love you too Corbyn," Jonah replied with a smile. "I'm going to talk to your brother okay? You should go downstairs and tell papa what's going on."

"Ok," Corbyn agreed. The blonde boy stood up and made his way downstairs while Jonah travelled back to Daniel's bedroom. He walked inside to see Daniel still facing the wall. He sat down beside him and rubbed his back softly.

"Hey bud, Corbyn told me what's going on. I know that it's upsetting you, but I'm going to make things right. Okay?" Jonah said softly. Daniel turned so he was laying on his back. He looked over at Jonah with a small smile while wiping his tears.

"How will you do that?" He asked, his voice croaking from his previous breakdown.

"I'll call your principal and give her the names of the bullies, and she can sort it out for you guys."

"Thank you dad, I love you," Daniel said.

"I love you too Dani," Jonah said softly. "Let's go downstairs and have dinner with the rest of the family, yeah?"

Daniel nodded in agreement before following his father downstairs.

Eben walked over to his husband and kissed his forehead.

"I don't know how you did it, you're a miracle worker," Eben commented. Jonah smiled brightly at him.

"Dada! Dada!" Jack exclaimed. He ran over to Jonah and hugged his leg.

"Hey little guy, you ready to eat dinner?" Jonah asked the small boy. Jack nodded with a smile then reached up for Jonah's hand. Jonah let him hold his pointer finger, as Jack's hands were too small to hold any more. The three walked to the dinner table where the other three family members were waiting.

Jonah and Eben sat next to each other while Jack found his way to his spot.

"We have such a perfect family," Jonah smiled over at Eben.

"Yes we do."