Safe with me - Jarbyn

Type: fluff
Warnings: mention of abuse
Requested by: HoodGirl28
Wc: 1850

🧸✨ you look stunning today

Third person

Jack walked into the grocery store with his roommates, Jonah, Zach, and Daniel. They had to get their groceries for the week and they always went together so everybody had a say in meals and snacks.

"Where to first?" Jonah asked the other three.

"Can we get ice cream?" Zach asked.

"We'll get it be ice cream last, otherwise it'll melt," Jonah replied.

"How about we get snacks first, then meals," Jack suggested.

"I like that idea," Daniel agreed. The four boys then started their trip up and down isles, trying to decide on what snacks they would want for the following week.

As they were about to enter and isle, they heard shouting. They quickly hid behind the shelves and peeked around to see what was happening. Jack stared in shock as what looked like a father and son pair were arguing, the son looked to be around Jack's age, so about 20. Jack's face changed to horrified when he saw the father slap his son across his face.

"Guys, let's go," Jonah whispered. They all started walking away, Jack doing so with heavy guilt.

"We can't just leave, we have to report this!" Jack argued quietly.

"Jack, it isn't our place, I'm sure there was a good reason."

"Jonah, the kid looked like he was no younger than 20, there's no way there was a good reason to hit him!" Jack argued again. Jonah gave him a glare.

"Let's go Jack," he said sternly. Jack frowned and sighed before following his friends.

•••

After another 20 minutes of shopping, Jack still couldn't get the incident out of his head. The horrified look on the boy's face when his father hit him replayed in his head. He couldn't make himself believe that the boy was safe.

As the group was walking to check out, Jack saw the father and son again, this time the father had a tight grip on his son's shoulder. Jack couldn't live with himself if he let this slide, he had to do something.

Jack walked away from his friends and over to the stranger. He walked up with a smile.

"Hey man! Haven't seen you in forever! How have you been?" Jack exclaimed as he pulled the brunette boy into a hug. His father took his hand off of his shoulder and took a step back. "Go along with it, you'll be okay," Jack whispered. They pulled away from the hug and Jack smiled at the now relieved boy.

"I've been good! What about you?" The boy asked in return.

"I'm good! You remember the guys right? Jonah, Daniel, and Zach?"

"Yeah of course I do!"

"Would you want to come over to our place? Hang out for a couple hours?"