Stage mess up - Jarbyn

Type: fluff
Warnings: none

It is only after one is in trouble that one realizes how little sympathy and kindness there are in the world - Nellie Bly

Third person

The five guys of Why Don't We were on stage performing. They were dancing all around the stage as the fans cheered. This was their biggest show yet, it was at Madison Square Garden, and some huge celebrities were watching.

It was soon Jack's turn to sing.

As he was singing he forgot the lyrics and stumbled over his words. He quickly caught himself and pointed the microphone out to the crowd so they could finish his part for him.

He watched as the other guys gave him looks of disapproval, but Corbyn gave him a look of sympathy.

Jack mentally face palmed himself and a few tears appeared in his eyes. He messed up.

••

At the end of the show they took their bow then Jack quickly ran off of the stage. He ran and ran, he didn't even know where he was going, but he kept running.

Corbyn looked at the other guys with a confused look.

"What's up with him?" Daniel asked.

"I don't know, I'll go check on him," Corbyn said. He walked away from Daniel, Jonah, and Zach and began his journey to find Jack.

He walked through the halls of the venue, trying to find the small boy.

He eventually reached a small corner and found Jack curled up sobbing into his arms. Corbyn quickly ran over to Jack and sat beside him. He pulled him into a tight hug and rubbed his back.

"What's wrong buddy?" Corbyn asked softly.

"You guys hate me!" Jack sobbed. Corbyn sighed.

"We could never hate you Jacky," Corbyn soothed.

"Well I messed up at our biggest show and you all hate me now."

"The boys and I don't hate you Jack. Everybody messes up, everyone makes mistakes, and we have so many songs to perform that it's okay to forget the lyrics sometimes," Corbyn explained softly. Jack continued to cry into Corbyn. His breath started becoming uneven and he found it harder to do. Corbyn could tell that the younger boy was about to have a panic attack. "Jack, I need you to calm down. You're going to have a panic attack. Take a few deep breaths for me."

"I-I can't," Jack choked on his tears. Corbyn sighed loudly. He pulled Jack onto his lap and hugged him tightly. He took Jack's hand and placed it on his chest.

"Jack, follow my breaths okay?" Corbyn instructed. Corbyn took deep breaths, keeping Jack's hand on his chest.

Jack attempted to follow along, but his breaths were still shaky.

Eventually, Jack was calmed down. He wanted to stay in Corbyn's arms, he felt safe and loved with him.

Corbyn held Jack tight, he never wanted to let go of this precious moment.

"Thank you," Jack mumbled into Corbyn's chest.

"You're welcome Jacky," Corbyn replied. Jack smiled up at Corbyn, which made the older boy smile back.

They slowly leaned in and before they knew it, their lips were connected. Both of the boys smiled and pulled each other closer.

When they pulled away huge smiles appeared on their faces.

"Holy shit," Jack mumbled. Corbyn giggled and pecked Jack's lips. Jack blushed a scarlet red and cuddled into Corbyn.

"Will you be my boyfriend Jacky?" Corbyn asked softly. Jack nodded into Corbyn's neck.

"Of course Corby," Jack whispered. Corbyn smiled and squeezed Jack tightly.

"Are you ready to go back love?" Corbyn asked. Jack nodded and got off of Corbyn's lap. Corbyn held Jack's hand as he began to lead him back to their greenroom.

As soon as they walked in all eyes were on them. Jack quickly let go of Corbyn's hand and sat down on a couch. He pulled his knees up to his chest and buried his face into his arms. He still thought that the boys hated him.

"Jack, what's wrong bud?" Jonah asked softly. He got up and sat beside the blond boy. Jonah rubbed Jack's back softly. "Talk to me Jack."

Jack looked over at Jonah, he was shocked to see a calm expression instead of an angry one.

"I messed up on stage in front of thousands of people. It was our biggest show yet and I messed it up for us," Jack mumbled. Jonah frowned.

"Jack, we don't care that you messed up. Everyone does at some point. It's okay, we aren't mad," Jonah explained.

"Yeah, it's alright Jack," Zach piped in. Jack smiled at Zach and wiped away a tear.

"Thank you guys," Jack said quietly. He crawled over to Corbyn and sat in his lap. He hugged the older boy tightly and kissed the crook of his neck.

"Are you guys....?" Daniel trailed off. Corbyn nodded and kissed Jack's head.

"Yeah, we're together," Corbyn said softly. Jack held onto Corbyn even tighter, he was afraid of the other boys' responses.

"Congrats you guys, I'm glad you're happy," Zach said softly. Jonah and Daniel both agreed and congratulated the boys. Jack smiled and looked up at Corbyn.

"Thank you Corbyn," Jack said softly.

"For what?" The older boy asked.

"Everything."