spill - Zonah

Type: fluff
Warnings: mention of abusive relationship
Requested by: ClickBoomTurtles
Wc: 1089

🧸✨ your past relationships don't define you

Third person

Zach was sitting at the table, drinking water out of a glass while he scrolled through TikTok. Jonah walked up behind him and gently wrapped his arms around his chest, nuzzling his head into his neck.

"Hi baby," Zach said softly. Jonah smiled and kissed his neck.

"Hi love," Jonah replied. He gently rubbed his hand across Zach's chest and watched the TikToks over his shoulder. They stayed in that position until Zach was done his water, so he got up to refill it. Jonah sat in the chair that was next to Zach's and opened his phone.

When Zach sat back down he placed his water on the table, but he accidentally knocked it over with his hand, causing the water to go everywhere. Zach gasped loudly, getting Jonah's attention. Zach stood up and took a few steps back, looking at Jonah in fear.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean it. I'll clean it up," Zach cried. Jonah frowned softly at the boy and stood up, which caused Zach to freak out more. "P-please don't hurt me, I'm sorry."

"Zach, love, it's okay. It's just water honey," Jonah said softly, not moving any closer to the panicking boy. Zach broke down sobbing, falling to the floor as his body shook. "Zach baby, you need to calm down." Zach sobbed into his knees, his body trembled.

Jonah crouched down in front of Zach and placed a hand on his knee.

"No! No! Stop!" Zach screamed. Immediately, Daniel, Corbyn, and Jack all came running down the stairs.

"What the hell is going on?" Corbyn asked.

"I don't know, he's just freaking out," Jonah replied.

"What did you do?" Daniel asked.

"Nothing! He just spilled his water and now he's freaking out, I don't know what to do," Jonah replied.

Jack face lit up in realization. He was the only one that knew about Zach's past relationship. He was physically, mentally, and emotionally abused, whenever he messed up, even something as simple as spilling water, he would be beaten or screamed at.

"Jonah get away from him," Jack said, pushing through the other guys to get to his best friend. He sat in front of Zach as the other guys watched from a distance. "Zach, bub, it's Jack," Jack whispered. Zach looked up slowly and made eye contact with Jack. Jack smiled softly. "Hi bud. You're okay, nobody is going to hurt you, okay? You're safe."

Zach had a blank expression as he looked at Jack.

"Hug," Zach mumbled out. Jack smiled then moved over to beside Zach, pulling him into a hug. Zach let out small hiccups into Jack's shoulder as Jack rubbed his back.

"You're okay," Jack whispered.

After a few more minutes, Zach pulled away from Jack and looked up at Jonah. Jonah sent him a sympathetic smile, Zach just looked away and looked at the ground. Jack stood up and walked away, signalling for Corbyn and Daniel to do the same. Jonah slowly walked over to Zach and crouched down in front of him.

"Hi love, do you want to talk about it?" Jonah asked. Zach just shrugged and continued looking down. Jonah sighed softly before standing back up.

He walked over to the kitchen and grabbed a bunch of paper towels, he went back over to the table and cleaned up the water, making sure everything was dry.

He then walked back over to Zach, who was still sat on the ground. Jonah sat on the ground in front of him and gently placed his hand on Zach's knee.

"Is this okay?" Jonah asked softly.

"Mhm," Zach nodded.

"Can we talk about what happened? I'm not angry, I just want to know what I can do to help you love, I don't want you to feel unsafe around me," Jonah said. Zach just nodded, still not making eye contact. "Baby, look at me, please."

Zach hesitantly looked up and made eye contact with Jonah. Jonah smiled and rubbed Zach's knee.

"There we go. How about we go upstairs to talk? Yeah?"

Zach just nodded before standing up, following Jonah upstairs to their bedroom. Jonah sat down on the bed, gently patting the spot next to him. Zach sat down beside him.

"Can I hold your hand?" Jonah asked softly. Zach nodded. Jonah smiled the grabbed Zach's hand, gently rubbing his knuckles. "Whenever you're ready love."

Zach took a deep breath before making eye contact with Jonah.

"I used to be in a really abusive relationship. Before I met you and the boys I dated a guy for 8 months, and he was really abusive. It started out only being mental and emotional, like he would manipulate me into doing things like drinking when I was underage and other stuff. But after about 4 months it became physical. He first hit me when I spilled water on him, which is why I got so scared before. Jack only knows because he was the one who saved me. One day we were out shopping and my ex hit me, Jack saw and immediately asked if I was okay. The second my ex walked away Jack came back over and took me with him. We left the store and Jack helped me get better and find my family, since I hadn't been allowed to see them when I was with my ex. Jack helped me heal. And that's why it took so long for me to tell you I liked you, because I was so afraid of love," Zach explained, fidgeting with Jonah's hand. Jonah had tears in his eyes, he couldn't even imagine anyone doing anything bad to Zach.

"Can I hug you?" Jonah asked softly. Zach just nodded. Jonah leaned forward and pulled Zach into his arms, letting out some tears into his shoulder. "I'm so sorry that happened to you, you don't deserve that. I'm so proud of you for being so strong. Thank you for trusting me."

Jonah pulled away from the hug and smiled sadly at Zach, who returned the smile.

"Thank you for being so patient, especially when you didn't know why you had to be," Zach mumbled out. Jonah just smiled and rubbed his hand softly.

"Of course love. Would you like to lay down and watch a movie?"

"That sounds nice."

Jonah smiled then laid down, Zach laid with him and cuddled into his chest.

"I love you more than anything," Jonah whispered.

"I love you too."