Brownies

My mom was by the door.

My mother turned her face to me and raised her eyebrows at me and so did Freddy, as if asking me to introduce them to each other.

Oh, right!

"Oh hey mom,"I hurriedly spoke up."Umm this is Freddy my frendzation partner, Freddy this is my mom." I said introducing the two.

My mom turned back to Freddy with a warm smile on her face and put her hand forward for him to shake.He shook her hand and she said,"Hi, nice to finally meet you, I'm Mrs Harper."

"Lovely to meet you too Mrs Harper"

My mom then turned back to me,"Lia, did you offer him anything to eat or drink?"

"Well, actually she forgot to package my brownies she promised from our session today." Freddy answered with a twinkle in his eyes.

The guy really likes brownies.

"Oh, I forgot, I'll go and get them."

I hurried to the kitchen to get the brownies and they carried on with their conversation which I could hear.

"Oh you like brownies too,"my mother said,"my son loves them, I wouldn't be surprised if I go to the fridge and find none left."
She chuckled.

"Well, I guess that's one of the reasons I like the little guy"Freddy replied and they both laughed.

The "bad boy" and my mom were actually getting along?

I just hoped she didn't recognize who he was.

I came back to the living room and gave the brownies to Freddy.

"Thanks." he said with a lovely smile...I mean nice smile, just nice smile.

He turned to my mother and said,  "Have a lovely day Mrs Harper" and then turned to me and said,"I'll see you Amelia." before he walked out the door and closed it.

My mother walked more into the lounge and placed her purse on the couch before she turned to me and put her hand on her waist and raised her eyebrow at me.

"Liaaa"she drawled my name out.

"Yesss" I answered also drawling the yes out with a shy smile.

Had she already figured out which he was?

She walked a little towards me and said, "Isn't that the same boy Johhny brought up in one of our dinners, and you told your dad that he had nothing to worry about because the guy is not handsome?" She asked in an introspective tone. I just kept quiet because it looked like she had more to say.

"Well, then I guess we'll have to get your glasses checked because that guy is clearly good looking."she said and I just chuckled.

Well, at least she didn't recognize who he was.

"Mom, you know if I had told dad that then he would have immediately demanded that I drop the frendzation program." I explained.

She just laughed, "Well your dad is just being protective of you my dear."

After a few seconds she spoke up again,"But that guy looks oddly familiar."

Oh oh.

She had a deep in thought face for a few moments before she gasped,"Wait a minute, isn't that guy the quarterback of the football team? Because I'm sure I've seen him play in your school's football games before."

Yeah, she recognized him.

She gasped again," And isn't that the same guy that filled his English teacher's mini-van with insects last term,because he didn't like how boring his lessons were and claimed that they would make him fall asleep?"