Freddy meets Freddy

Amelia's Pov

I was in the living room, quietly sitting down on the couch and re-reading The Last Song book when I heard a loud 'PEEP!' I was startled for a few moments by the loud noise before I realized that it could be Freddy. I glanced to the clock that was hung on the wall on top of the television stand, the time was 19 minutes past .

Freddy was actually here early?!

Wow

I thought he would come around 6, because he wasn't very fond of animals, like he said yesterday.

I immediately got up from the couch, placed my book on the book shelf we had in the lounge, before grabbing my jacket because it was a little cold outside, and then I walked of the door and closed the door.

I spotted his car at the end of the driveway, and has I walked towards his car I could see him scrolling through his phone.I reached the passenger door and opened it and he looked up from his phone, put it by his side and said, "Hey."

He wore a white hoodie with a pair of black jeans and finished it up with a pair of white sneakers. I had to admit, he looked pretty good and he's wavy blonde hair that he pushed to the back completed the whole look.

"Hey," I  responded with the same greeting as I got seated, "So are you ready for the animal pal shelter?" I asked enthusiastically.

He started the engine. "Yeah, I guess so!" he said trying to return the same energy as me.

I gave him a knowing smile,"Don't worry, I promise it will be fun."

"Yayyy!!" he said pretending to sound enthusiastic. I just rolled my eyes at him and giggled.

The rest of the drive to the shelter was pretty silent, but it was a comfortable silence, and of course I had to give him directions to the area, telling him where to turn here and there.

"Yayyy, we're finally here!" i said joyfully as i unbuckled my seat belt and stepped out of the car. The place was filled with cars, ( luckily we found a parking space) and people and their pets walking all over the park, in other words the place was lively and everybody seemed to be having a great time.

"Hey Lia! Over here." I heard someone shout my name, i looked around to see who it was to see Brenda the friendly receptionist standing in-front of the building smiling at me, she was also holding three dogs with their leashes and I recognized one of them to be Molly. Immediately my face lit up, I turned to Freddy and told him to follow me.

"Hey Brenda," I greeted with a smile before bending down to Molly and petting her on he back.

"Who's a good girl? You are Molly, yes you are!!" I cheered and Molly barked in excitement.

"I guess she really misses you." Brenda commented as she giggled.

"Well i can see that." I chuckled as Molly licked my cheek, just then Freddy appeared.

"Brenda this is my friend Freddy and Freddy this is Brenda, she works in the animal shelter." i said introducing them.

"Hey"

"Nice to meet you." They greeted in unison.

"Well it's great that the both of you came. This fun fair happens only once year and it keeps on getting better. There are swings to ride, variety of animals to play with, oh and there is also a food-cart with drinks, donuts, brownies and the sort." Brenda explained.

At once Freddy's face lit up.

"Wait, there're brownies?" he queried.

"Yep, there's a whole lot of them right over there." Brenda said as she pointed to the food-cart that was a distance behind us.