PROLOUGE | FREDDY

Freddy's Pov

"So you are 17 years old and have never had chicken pox since you were a child? " The lady doctor in a thick red cardigan and glasses asks me. She looks around 50 years.

" Yeah" I reply, wondering what she was trying to point out.

"I'm afraid but you are going to have chicken pox, very soon" She says in straight face.

"Umm...what... why, why would you say something like that? " I ask, taking what she said to be incredulous, I shift in my chair wishing that she was joking.

" You have never had chicken pox Mr Collins, and you are bound to have it anytime. I must say I am very sorry for you, because you are a very young and handsome man. I can already imagine the pox on your well shaped cheeks, the bridge of your nose,on your full pink lips-"

I cover my ears and shout," No, no..."
I can't take what she is saying to me anymore.

She becomes even more serious and stands up from her chair, then points at me and says," Pox, pox, pox."

" No, no, no" I continue to yell at the top of my voice.

"Pox, pox, pox." She continues to say and starts laughing mischievously.

"No stop, no" I tighten my hands around my ears, to stop myself from hearing what she is saying. What's wrong with this lady?

Knock knock knock!!

What is that sound?

Knock knock knock!!

I open my eyes, and realize that it was a dream. I exhale softly, and wipe my forehead with the back of my hand. That dream was so bad I actually started sweating. What a nightmare that was.

Knock knock!

I look towards the door and realize someone has been knocking for a while. I yawn and say, " I'm coming." I rub my eyes and remove, the covers from my body. I walk towards the door and open it to see my mom standing by the door, with one hand on her waist, she's tapping her foot on the floor repeatedly and looking at me angrily.

"Hey mom." I say nonchalantly.

"Hey mom, hey mom. Really? " she said mimicking me. "I've been knocking this door for about 5 minutes and what you say is hey mom, do you know how late you are for school on your first day?, didn't you set the alarm?"

"Uh..." I say rubbing my palm against my neck.

"You know what?, just go and take a bath, go go. " She ordered, waving her hands in the direction of my room. " And be quick!" she then turned on her heel and walked away.

"Damn, it's a school day." I muttered under my breath when I entered my room, I walked to my bed then fell on it, not wanting to go school.

Why does school open on the day I don't want to go to school? Why is school even there? What is the meaning of school? Shitty school.

"Freddy, you better not be laying on your bed" my mother said through the door.

Why couldn't she just let me be?

" Yeah mom" I groan then drag myself of the bed and walk towards the bathroom.

________

I trotted down the stairs, and threw my bag to the couch, then jumped over the kitchen counter separating the humongous lounge from the slightly smaller kitchen.

" I'm ready mom"

" Finally the naughty boy of the hour has arrived" my mom said in an emotionless expression.

"You know that I'm your naughty boy right?" I said trying to make her smile and it worked.

My mom's a very calm and gentle kind of person. She never raises her voice at me neither is she the commanding and demanding type unless something triggers it. Not just anything but something that can really cause her to swell up on the inside. Yesterday evening, my good for nothing father came home in a drunken state telling my mom that he had a new girlfriend.

At the sight of that I just couldn't stop myself, from the stairs, I found myself violently pushing him out of the front door. In the process he grabbed my arm and said " Son you going to have a new mother, leave this wo... woman." Contempt, loathe and agony laced my veins.

He couldn't say that.

I held my fists into two tight balls, I was ready for anything that moment that could land me in jail. His alcoholic breathe hovered around my nose, I detested that smell. It's not like I didn't drink, I just hated the smell coming from him even more, it made want to hit him.

At that exact moment, I didn't know what to do, so I just tugged my arm away from him and slammed the door in his face. My mom was already running up the stairs crying, and I just stood there boiling with frustration. Sometime after, I went upstairs and stood in front of my mom's room listening to her cry, she was probably going to cry herself to sleep.

I went to my room to get dressed and then went to Dan's house. I didn't want to leave my mom but I had a huge problem with calming down women and I was really mad that night, so I just decided to go party and drink to slip of time.

When I was done with my breakfast. I grabbed my bag pack and went through the front door, but before I closed it. I looked at my mom with a faint smile and said, " Are u going to be alright by yourself here?"

She smiled at me,faintly, appreciating my concern then shook her head in a vertical direction. Then I closed the door.

________

I'm happy that this was longer. Pls comment and vote. I'll try to post has frequently as possible.

**^_^**