Ouch

I turned into the next corridor and saw a girl walking. She looked quite familiar from the back.

I squinted my eyes a bit and tried to figure out who it was.

Amelia, it was Amelia.

She was walking infront of me with he head low. I decided that I'd let her know how I felt about her continuously sprinting away from me like I'm a criminal.

I was going to just say everything out, because this was really getting on my nerves and becoming annoying. I just had to let it all out.

I increased my pace, and when I was almost by her I started venting.

"Hey Amelia, we really need to talk. I really don't understand why you keep on running away from me like I'm some kind of scary extinct person...," I said and soon I was standing right infront of her stopping her in her tracks. I hadn't yet looked up at her face yet and I just continued to say what I had to say.

"I don't know why you'd just do that. I thought we were friends but you just seem to continue to --" I was cut of by the sound of continuous sniffles as I looked up to see Amelia, with slight red eyes, tears on her cheeks, and generally a really sad look on her face...I had never seen that face on her before.

Instantly, all the anger I had a second before was stripped away and now I had this worried and confused look on my face.

"Amelia, what's wrong?" I asked.

She continued to sob as she wiped her tears with fingers.

"Amelia...what happened?" I asked again.

"Nothing Freddy, I...I just need to go please." She sniffled.

"Amelia, tell me what's wrong." I said in a low voice but also in a tone that meant I wasn't going to drop this topic until she told me what the matter was. She was not going to be running or walking away from me this time.

" It's nothing really...I just...I just hurt myself, that's all." She said as she continued to sob.

"Amelia stop lying to me and tell me what's wrong."

"Please just leave me alone, I can't be seen with you." She managed to say before she started walking away from me but I immediately pulled her back.

"What do you mean you can't be seen with me?" I asked curiously, my hands on her shoulders.

"Freddy please...please let me go." She pleaded as she sobbed even more.

"You can try to chase me away, but I'm not leaving you." I stated and I meant it. Seeing her like this was making me feel a way I couldn't decipher, and I didn't like it one bit.

I needed answers on why she was like this and I wasn't going to go until I got them.

"Freddy just go..." She said, her voice breaking before she slid down the wall behind her and sat on the floor. Her knees were folded to her chest and she hugged them and cried onto them.

I followed suit and sat beside her. I didn't like this sight at all, what or who was responsible for her crying?

I carefully removed her hair from her face so I could see her clearly and put the hair on her other side.

"Amelia, look at me." I said in a gentle tone.

She was hesitant at first before she faced me.

"Tell me what happened please."

She shut her eyes close for a few seconds before she opened them and searched my eyes as if looking to see if I was genuinely worried and wanted to know. Her glasses were a little fogged up from her crying but I could still see her eyes.