The dance (ii) - The Plan

Freddy's Pov

"Don't worry about me, I'm extra careful around her okay. Now let me go and meet up with the team."

And before I could stop her she scurried off, all I could do was shout, "You got this!"

I did believe that she got it, she has become so good in her dancing, she's always been passionate about it and she's been practicing for this very moment the whole semester.

But why did I have an unsettling feeling?

I was just uneasy, and I didn't know why. Maybe it was because of Kylie, the nerve of that girl to just come and put something like that on Amelia after everything she had done to her.
But after I had spoken to her and warned her she wouldn't dare try to harm Amelia again.

Or would she?

I massaged my temple, I was just overthinking all of this, I needed some punch. I spotted one of the serving tables and started to walk to it when I heard someone call my name, "Hey there Freddy, the guy. What's up?"

I turned to look at the guy with the weird greeting and what do you know, it's other Freddy...of course.

He brought his hand out to... fist bump me?

I don't know, I couldn't tell with his whole persona.

He eventually dropped his hand and smirked.

Did this guy just smirk at me?

"Oh what? Can't talk because you're grumpy and your princess isn't here?" my eyebrows furrowed and I took a full look at the guy.

Where was this snotty confidence coming from, was he because he was wearing a suit?

"Dude...what?' was all I could say.

He laughed and made that clicking sound as he shook his head. "Amelia, the girl you suddenly have interest in despite being the 'I don't care popular guy' will be dancing with me tonight, holding hands , standing close , hands on waist...you know, all that romantic stuff. Oh and did I mention how beautiful her eyes are without those glasses? I can't wait to get lost in them."

I was now glaring at him. He really wanted to get on my nerve.

"Are you trying to tick me off? Like why the heck are you even talking to me?"

"It looks like I've already ticked you off." He laughed again  and I began to imagine my hand squeezing his jaw.

Why was this mad guy laughing after everything I was saying??

"You know..." He continued as he playfully brought his hand to his chin.
"I've always wondered why you'd change from someone like The gorgeous Kylie, literally a model look alike to someone like Amelia...a fellow nerd like me-"

"Nathan." I said through clenched teeth, both my hands in fists.

But he didn't budge, "I mean Amelia and I would make so much more sense, well although I'm interested in someone else..."

"Nathan." I tried to hold myself down.

"I mean like really why would you break the status quo huh? The poor Amelia falling for a bad guy like you."

That's it.

I flinched at him but he immediately took a step back dodging me.

He laughed yet again, " Oh relax there golden boy, I wouldn't hurt me if I you Freddy, for the simple fact that your relationship with Amelia may be over before it even begins." He said with an evil smirk.

Did he just threaten me?

"Well I've got to go get ready for my dance, see ya big chap!" He tapped my shoulder before he walked away.