The Game

I opened the door to see Belle. "Finally you're here." I said in relief.

"Hey Lia, What's up Freddy?" She greeted. Freddy was walking to the lounge with his phone in his hands.

"Hey." he simply replied still focused on his phone.

"I'm sorry I came late, my car had a problem again." she said.

"But your car is there." I said pointing to the car that was in the driveway.

"Umm, yeah. I quickly had to fix it before coming over here."she said, something in her tone sounded suspicious." Anyway, how was it here?" she asked.

"Bad!" I stated as I folded my arms and remembered how much he had laughed and teased me.

" Your friend here should be a comedian, she's really funny." he said as he chuckled and looked up from his phone to face Belle.

I frowned even more and tightened the folding of my arms. Belle chuckled at my expression. "Okay, let's get started with the activity for today." she said.

We all walked to the dinning and took our seats except Belle who stood in front of us to tell us about what it was we were supposed to do.

"I checked the activity schedule for the day and it says you'll be playing a general knowledge questions kind of game, where I will be asking the questions." she said waving a clipboard that was in her hand in front of us indicating that it had the questionaire on it.

"Question," Fredirico said, "how does this activity influence our personal lives?" he said moving his hand between him and I with a bored expression on his face.

"Umm, I guess it just helps you guys to know each other more and have fun... I guess." she stuttered. I guess she did not really know how this activity would really help us with my confidence problems or whatever Fredirico's problems were.

That reminds me, I did not know why Fredirico joined this program, well I guess it is already obvious to him why I joined this program, my low self esteem and confidence issues (which I still don't have a problem with by the way). I could not put my finger on why he would join this program, he did not seem to have any kind of problems with his social and free kind of nature.

"So this frendzation thing is..." he said circulating his hand in the air trying to find the word to describe the frendzation program, "...useless." he said dryly with the same bored expression on his face. I do not think he meant harm by what he said but it stung.

Belle and I just kept quiet and looked around trying to avoid the awkward tension.

"Umm, well the winner of the game gets to ask for a favor or anything they want from the loser." Belle said breaking the silence, aiming to move from the negative energy.

Fredirico sat up in his chair with an exciting look in his eyes, suddenly seeming interested. "Anything?" he asked repeating what Belle had said.

"Yeah." Belle responded.

"Anything?" I also asked, feeling a little scared at Fredirico's instant interest in all this.

"Yes." she replied.

Fredirico looked over to me with a grin planted on his lips. I suddenly felt very frightened. What would he ask me to do if he won?

"Okay, this program is starting to look up."he said as he placed his firm hands on the table, with a huge smile.

" I'm definitely going to win this, considering the fact I'm more outgoing and social than my opponent."he chuckled.

I am a more studious and book worm person than he is, that is for sure but I still felt scared of loosing to him. Fredirico a guy that is completely different from me, the school's bad and golden boy, what was he going ask of me?