The Monster Inside

(Y/N) Pov

The flying car left and we were making our way to the castle once again. Harry's cheek had my hand imprint on it and I was proud of it.

He needed someone to take him off that high pedestal that he put himself on, and I had been the one to do it, the person he had been hating ever since we were sorted into our houses last year, and it couldn't have been more satisfying.

Ron: What was the point of sending us in there? What have we found out?

(Y/N): That's a good question, we didn't learn anything, only that they're afraid of the creature that has been petrifying people.

Harry: We know one thing. Hagrid never opened the Chamber of Secrets. He was innocent.

(Y/N): I could of have told you that, without having to enter that place and almost getting killed.

He glared at me, but my words were true, he was the only one who got swayed to believe Hagrid was guilty even with us saying otherwise. He was so self-centered and just like every other time he ignored what we said and that almost killed us.

.............................................................

The next day

I went to visit Hermione in the Medical Wing, to my surprise Harry and Ron were there. I didn't say anything to them I just sat down and grabbed her hand.

Ron: Widh you were here. We need you. Now more than ever.

I moved my hand a little, that's when I realized something on the hand that I was holding, it was a wrinkled piece of paper.

Harry: What's that?

(Y/N): I don't know yet, how about you let me see first so I can tell you.

He stayed quiet and waited for me to open the paper ball that I had just found.

(Y/N): Guys, this was why she was in the library the day she was attacked. Come on!

We got up and left the Medical Wing. I passed Ron the paper and he passed it to Harry.

Harry: "Of the many fearsome beasts that roam our land none is more deadly than the basilisk. Capable of living for hundreds of years, instant death awaits any who meet this giant serpent's eye. Spiders flee before it..."

(Y/N): This is it. The monster that Salazar Slytherin put in the Chamber of Secrets. That's why me and the git here can hear it. It's a snake.

I was quite glad that the monster was a snake, a giant snake but a snake nonetheless. I wasn't glad that the basilisk had been petrifying students but it was doing it on someone's command and now we just have to figure out who it is.

Ron: But if it kills people by looking people in the eye, why is it no one's dead?

(Y/N): Because they didn't look him in the eye, they looked at his reflection. Colin saw it through his camera. Just must have seen the basilisk through Nearly Headless Nick. Nick got the full blast of it, but he's a ghost. He couldn't die again.

Harry: And Hermione had the Mirror. I bet you anything she was using it to look around corners in case it came along.

(Y/N): That's my friend, always prepared.

Ron: Wait, what about Mrs. Norris? I'm pretty sure she didn't have a camera or a mirror.

Ron was a bit arrogant but I didn't care, we had just found out something, after hours of looking and reaching dead ends.

(Y/N): The water. There was water on the floor that night, remember?

Harry : She's right. Mrs. Norris only saw the basilisk's reflection.

We approached the fire so we could read the paper better.

(Y/N): "Spiders flee before it", that's a good think, but see it all fits.

Harry: But how's the basilisk been getting around? A dirty, great snake, someone would have seen it.

I glared at him cause of what he said about the snake.  

(Y/N): Hermione answered that question too.

Ron: Of course she did, thank you Hermione.

I showed them the part of the paper where Hermione wrote

Ron: Pipes? It's using the plumbing.

Harry: Remember what Aragog said, about that girl 50 years ago? She died in a bathroom? What if she never left?

(Y/N): No, I was to busy paying attention to his sons and daughters, that surrounded us. But I'm going to assume that you're implying that Myrtle is that girl.

Professor McGonagall: All students are to return to their house dormitories at once. All teachers to the second floor corridor immediately.

I looked at both of them and nodded, we made our way to the second floor corridor and stayed hidden from all the teachers sights.

McGonagall: As you can see, the Heir of Slytherin has left another message. Our worst fear has been realized. A student has been taken by the monster into the Chamber itself. The students must be sent home. I'm afraid this is the end of Hogwarts.

I was shocked, Hogwarts can't close, this is the place I call home, if it closes I'll need to go back to spend the whole year with the Dursley's and that would be a nightmare that came true. We continued there, frozen, waiting for any of the other teachers to say something but all that happened was Lockhart's arrival.

Lockhart: So sorry. Dozed off. What have I missed?

His happy tone made me angry, from where I was I could see that Professor Snape didn't appreciate that either.

Snape: A girl has been snatched by the monster, Lockhart. Your moment has come at last.

I almost laughed out loud "his moment", that man wouldn't be able to save himself in normal situations much less save the student that has been snatched by the basilisk.

Lockhart: My... Moment?

Snape: Weren't you saying just last night that you've known all along where the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets is?

The look on Lockhart's face was priceless.

McGonagall: That's settled. We'll leave you to deal with the monster, Gilderoy. Your skills, after all, are legend.

McGonagall was smiling innocently, she knew this man was a fraud but she still said all of that and assigned him to deal with the monster. Snape's is my favorite but I just love this woman.

............................................................

Word Count: 1062