Detention

(A/N: Sorry guys, this was supposed to be posted yesterday, but I had a setback, but here it is, hope you enjoy 🙃💚)

(Y/N) Pov

I made my way to the Common Room, hoping to at least get some sleep before my next class knowing that Asmodeus would wake me up when the time comes, as he always made sure to do.

.............Small Timeskip...........

It was a short nap but I much needed one, I felt refreshed and it surely improved my mood, I got up and made sure that I looked presentable for the rest of the day.

I'm sure that by now Uncle already knew of my detention with the Ministry hag and that I wouldn't hear the end of it anytime soon, no doubt Lucius has also been informed, and consequently so did Father, I hope they will just overlook it already being acquainted with my temper but let's just say I'm not looking forward to their next letter.

I left the Common Room and made my way to the classroom I would be having my next class at.

Draco: You look better, my love.

(Y/N): Yes, a short nap does wonders for someone who was as sleep-deprived as I was today.

Hermione: In all honesty, we thought you were going to rip her bloody head off.

Blaise: Yeah, I was hoping you would actually. That course is bullocks.

Helena: Yeah, like what good will it do to know spells and charms theoretically if we can't use them properly?

Draco: You are all right, but (Y/N)'s Father told us to try and not get in trouble with whoever was our new Professor.

(Y/N): I said I would try and didn't promise anything, besides the fact that I didn't rip the cow's bloody head off tells me I was successful in trying.

Draco: I know darling, but you can't tell me that it wouldn't be good to not have her on our backs for the rest of the year if we are constantly under her eye we won't be able to get anything on Dumbledore, which I know you want.

Blaise: He does have a point, I heard she was at Harry's trial and let's just say she didn't particularly sway to his side, so if from now on we lay low she might cast her watchful eye to him instead of us.

I nodded, they were both right, it sure would be helpful if she didn't pay attention to us but I also knew that she wouldn't let the fact that I disrespected her go so easily and that even though I would try my best to lay low I wouldn't be able to stop myself from sneaking one or two snarky remarks.

Helena: On that note what will you do about detention?

Hermione: I can't imagine she will be forgiving and delightful.

(Y/N): At first, I was just thinking of not going, but I will already not hear the end of it from Uncle so imagine how much he would scold me if I didn't go altogether. Not that he is particularly fond of her either.

Draco: I think that even your cute puppy eyes wouldn't work on him this time.

I sighed as I heard the sounds of agreement from the lot of them.

(Y/N): Then I guess I'll just have to suck it up and go. Comply with whatever she will have me do as punishment and pretend to be the sad, regretful girl even though I don't regret anything I said.

Helena: Let's hope that works and that she believes that you were just having a bad morning.

Blaise: Which is true.

Hermione: Yeah but she's also a bad b*tch, and I mean that as the highest of compliments.

Classes flew by and before I knew it, it was time for detention, I told my friends I would see them later near the courtyard since we were from different houses and they couldn't wait for me in the Common Room, actually, they could but it's been a long day I would prefer not hear my housemates complain about us sneaking them in there.

I kissed Draco and made my way toward Umbridge's office, every step I took felt like torture knowing that I would have to put a remorseful act in front of her. At least the feel of Asmodeus curled up around my arm brought me some peace of mind.

I knocked at the door of her office, hearing a low-pitch come in, I sighed and put my effortless acting mask on, I opened the door and I immediately wanted to die at the monstrosity she called decor.

Umbridge: Good evening, Miss Riddle. Sit.

I closed the door behind me and slowly made my way to the chair she nodded towards.

Umbridge: You're going to be making some lines for me today, Miss Riddle.

I leaned down to get my quill, and I heard Asmodeus lowly hiss, he was agitated and I knew he was having one of those bad feelings about the situation we currently found ourselves in.

Umbridge: No, not with your quill. You're going to be using a rather special one of mine.

She got up with a quill in hand and walked towards me, putting it on top of the paper. I had a hunch about why she wanted me to use her quill but I could only be absolutely certain after using it.

Umbridge: Now... I want you to write "I must not disrespect my Professor or the Ministry."

(Y/N): How many times?

Umbridge: Well, let's say for as long as it takes for the message to sink in. And don't worry you won't be needing any ink.

I dropped my act, my glare hard on the piece of parchment in front of me, before gritting my teeth and grabbing her quill. She turned to the window and I started writing, I could feel the pain in my hand and I knew that my hunch was right but I wouldn't give her the satisfaction of hearing me gasp in pain, so I continued writing like nothing was happening, that must have thrown her off guard because she quickly turned around to face me and walked to my side.

Her eyes were glued to the words engraved in my hand and then to my posture, seeing my laid-back but proper posture annoyed her to no end, she wouldn't break me.

Umbridge: Are you alright, Miss Riddle?

(Y/N): Perfect, Professor.

She gave a stiff nod clearly displeased by my lack of reaction to her beloved quill. I wrote the words she told me countless times, it was dark out when she finally got bored of waiting for a reaction from me and let me leave her office. Asmodeus almost attacked her when she got close to me once again to open the door so I could leave. I walked out looking unbothered at what happened inside her office and only once I was far away and out of her sight did I grab my hand and hissed in pain. I wanted to take care of it since I didn't want a scar on my hand, but I had to go meet Draco and the others, so I endured it and put on a stoic face as I got close to them, the twins being among them selling their prank inventions to students around.

Draco was the first to notice and approach me, I gave him a smile trying to stop my hand from twitching but I knew I was discovered as soon as he narrowed his eyes at me, he gently grabbed my hand, and everyone around us gasped at the red words engraved on my skin. Draco grabbed my hand and dragged me down a path I knew very well my Uncle's office.

Draco: I will kill her.

Draco barged in without even knocking, our friends hurrying behind us. Uncle looked annoyed at the way we entered the room but it changed once he saw Draco's enraged state and my bloody red hand, eyes narrowing at the words on it.

Uncle: She's dead! I will rip her apart slowly and painfully, she's going to wish she didn't touch you, dear. And that is not even close to what is going through my head.

Well, she's f*cked!

..................................................

Word Count: 1382