Centaurs

(Y/N) Pov

I recognized the path Hermione was leading us to, the old hag pushing her almost making her trip as I steadied her by grabbing her arm before shooting the pink blob a glare.

I looked behind us, noticing Uncle, Draco, and Blaise sneakily following us so as not to alert Umbridge of their presence, since they were supposed to stay behind in her office.

I gave Hermione a small smile to calm her nerves before squeezing her hand to offer her some kind of comfort. The pink toad still had a maniac look in her eyes as she looked over at me, her mind no doubt thinking of a plan to get rid of me as soon as possible.

I look at Umbridge as she got distracted by something on her horrendous wool blazer, and got even closer to Hermione.

(Y/N): I don't know exactly what you are thinking, I do have a pretty good idea, just know that I'll play along.

She nodded discreetly as the pink toad once again put her eyes on us, as we approached the place Hagrid had introduced us to Grawpy, we were faced with the painstakingly obvious reality that Grawpy wasn't there, the rope that before secured him to this place now ripped apart, Hermione's improvised plan going up in flames as the main part of it disappeared.

Hermione bit her lower lip, I could see her desperately trying to think of an alternative, my mind working faster than ever before, also trying to come up with a plan.

Umbridge: Well? Where is this weapon? Or is that something you both came up with? Let me remind you girls that I will get the truth one or the other. I will not be tricked by the likes of you. Ah, how I hate children!

She was pointing her wand at us and I scoffed at her last sentence, like she was telling us anything new, the sound of hooves made her lower her wand and hide behind us, making us some kind of shields.

A dozen centaurs were looking down on us, I could feel Umbridge shiver in fear as she saw them.

Umbridge: You have no business here, centaur. This is a Ministry matter.

Her voice trembled as they approached, the one in front grabbed an arrow from his quiver and loaded his bow, a couple of centaurs following after him, and I sure hoped that they were aiming it at the pink toad instead of us.

Umbridge: Lower your weapons. I warn you, under the law, as creatures of near-human intelligence...

I scoffed at her words, near-human intelligence, centaurs were much smarter than we were, at the very least much smarter than her, that's for sure. The centaur in the front released his arrow, letting it fly between Hermione and I, aiming for Umbridge.

Umbridge: Protego.

I was slightly surprised that her Protego charm had protected us too, after all, I thought she would let us die at the first chance she got.

Umbridge: How dare you? Filthy half-breed.

I rolled my eyes, she and Harry were the same, despite being in life-or-death situations they always insult the person with the power to kill them.

Instead of being smart and staying quiet or trying to negotiate, no they think it is a good idea to insult the person who's trying to murder them. Like an excellent idea.

Umbridge: Incarcerous.

Her spell made a rope appear around the centaur's neck, a painful sound coming out of his mouth as he was flung back by the force of the rope, he fell on the little hill they were standing on, rolling down as he choked and tugged at the rope that was stopping his air supply.

Hermione and I quickly ran towards him, trying to pull the rope away from him.

Hermione: Please. Please stop it. Please.

(Y/N): You're killing him. Stop it.

She smirked, enjoying our begs and the sound of the centaur choking.

Umbridge: Now, enough. I will have order.

I looked at Uncle, begging him to interfere as I couldn't bear the thought of such a lovely creature dying by her hands, as he stepped away from the tree, Umbridge was picked up by Grawpy, making her lose her wand, and her concentration.

The centaurs took that moment to attack, the one that was choking on the ground quickly got up and got rid of the rope that had almost caused his death.

Hermione and I backed away as they all made their way to the old hag and Grawpy.

Umbridge: Filthy animal. Do you know who I am?

The centaurs were not attacking Umbridge as I first thought they were, no they were attacking the gentle giant.

(Y/N): Leave him alone. He did nothing wrong.

Hermione: It's not his fault. No. He doesn't understand.

Uncle, Draco, and Blaise appeared in front of us, dragging us away from the chaos that had formed. I gasped as one of the arrows hit Grawpy's arm, the hurt look on his face breaking my heart, he quickly dropped Umbridge and the centaurs stopped shooting at him, now making a circle around the vicious woman.

Umbridge: Severus, save me.

Uncle: Why should I? I actually hope they torture you in the worst ways possible, after all that's what you were going to do to my niece.

Her face as she put our the pieces of our relationship together was probably the most satisfying I have ever seen.

Umbridge: Riddle, do something. Tell them I mean no harm.

(Y/N): I'm sorry, Professor, but as you made that first year write "I must not tell lies".

The centaurs grabbed her arms and dragged her away as she kicked and screamed.

Umbridge: What are you doing? I am Senior Undersecretary Dolores Jane Umbridge. Let me go.

Her voice echoed through the dark forest, but I couldn't find in myself to care, maybe if she had been a better person I would have, even though I didn't like her.

But she wasn't, and the only thing that seemed appropriate to do was raise my hand and wave at her as she was dragged, a smirk on my face, after all, she would be getting what she deserved.

..................................................

Word Count: 1054