Wand Core

(Y/N) Pov

We got separated once we went inside the Divination classroom, apparently, we had to sit with the same partners from the last class which meant Hermione had to sit with Harry and Ron, despite her want to sit with us, she even tried talking to Professor Trelawney but it was of no use, I squeezed her hand before going to my seat, Draco gave her shoulder a friendly squeeze so she knew we had her back in case she needed it.

She sat down and I could hear Ron speaking sequences of excuses to make her forgive him and go running back to their toxic friendship but Hermione wasn't taking any of it, she ignored him and kept her face stoic, I grabbed a piece of paper write a small encouraging note and flew it to her table, she opened it and gave me a smile and a thumbs up telling me she was fine and didn't need my help, Ron went to glare at me but I lifted my wand and he flinched leaving me alone, I looked at Draco and we snickered.

Professor Trelawney started explaining what we were doing for today, we would be using crystal balls and try to see if we could catch at least a glimpse of our future, it was more difficult than reading tea leaves so I wasn't expecting to be able to do a reading as accurate as of the one I had made before, we all got up to get a ball from the shelf, Draco and I kept bumping our hips into each other as playful teasing.

Harry: There they go again, so disgusting.

(Y/N): Now I can see why you don't have a girlfriend. Besides the obvious personality issues of course. At least I won't end like you because I have a loving boyfriend.

Draco smirked at Harry and hugged me from behind making Harry fume with anger that his attempt to bring my mood down didn't work. We went back to our initial purpose and grabbed a crystal ball, hearing the other students comment on how they didn't understand why Harry kept trying to rile me up when he always ends up failing.

He talked to Ron about how he was learning to cast a Patronus Charm by himself which, to be honest, left me a bit confused, I mean why would he learn it by himself when he could ask Professor Lupin, seeing as the man was close friends with both his parents but that was an issue for another time, right now I needed to focus on the task at hand, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before focusing on the foggy ball, I couldn't quite see clear symbols but my mind automatically told me what I needed to say, it was weird almost as if something took over me.

(Y/N): In a few years there will be trials to face, you'll have to prove yourself, it won't be easy but the person that has been with you since day one will be there for you now. In the end, everything will be alright, you will support her, and she'll do the same, you are destined to be together for a long time, even your wands that have the same core called out to the both of you.

My eyes closed and I quickly gasped for air, it was as if I was trapped inside my mind and had been released from it, I couldn't understand the words that had come out of my mouth, I looked at Draco scared and he looked at me with his mouth open in shock, the students around us were confused but didn't say anything as Professor Trelawney approached our table just like in our previous class.

Professor Trelawney: Do not be scared, my dear. That was your gift taking over for the first time. It seems you are quite talented in this area, as classes go by we shall find out if you do possess the sight. Divination is quite a tricky thing you may be good in some fields of it and not completely possess the sight.

I nodded still freaked out by what happened, I felt like a spectator in my own body, Draco was concerned after seeing my out-of-it state.

Draco: Professor, it seems like she's not feeling well. With your permission, I would like to take her outside for some air and maybe some rest.

Professor Trelawney: An excellent idea, Mr.Malfoy.

Draco got up from his seat, grabbed our stuff, and stretched his hand out so he could help me get up, I saw the Professor make her way to Hermione's table, my friend looked at me with a worried gaze but her attention was diverted when Professor Trelawney asked what she could see.

Draco and I left, he helped me go down the stairs, worried I would fall, we quickly reached the end, he took me to the courtyard to sit on a bench and rubbed his thumb on my hand. The fresh air helped me calm down and focus on the words that left my mouth, specifically the part about the wands, my mind going back to what Mr. Olivander had told me, he said he had just sold a wand with the same core as mine, could it have been Draco's?

(Y/N): What's your wand core, love? The words I said in the classroom made me remember something I was told on the day we met and I just want to see if my theory is correct.

Draco: My wand's core is made of unicorn hair but according to Mr. Olivander there's something special about it but he wouldn't tell me more than that.

(Y/N): It seems we have the same wand core, Mr. Olivander told me it was curious my wand chose me but when I asked he said he had just sold one with the same core and told me I would find out what it meant soon enough, I had completely forgotten about it but what I said brought it back, it seems I need to make some research about this. A lot of wands have the same core, that doesn't mean that they are destined to be together like us, at least I think it's me.

Draco: Of course it's you. You have been there for me since day one when all I had was my parents and maybe Crabbe and Goyle, and after I met you I didn't want or need anyone else, if that doesn't mean we're destined or that it's you the person you mentioned I don't know what will.

He laughed and hugged me, when I have some free time I should search for anything about this in the library maybe even send a letter to Mr. Olivander, hoping that he would tell us something more now, cause Harry and my father have the same wand core too and we all know how that will turn out in the end. Every year there's another mystery to solve now what will I find out at the end of this journey.

.............................................................

(A/N)

Hey guys, I know this chapter is probably confusing but I'll review it in my free time, I feel like I couldn't properly explain the situation involving the core of the wands, so sorry about that, it's not my favorite chapter due to how I wasn't as capable to explain the situation as I wished I was, but I hope you enjoy the chapter.

Word Count: 1200