It's Not A Goodbye

(Y/N) Pov

After Slytherin won the House Cup, we went back to our Common Room to prepare to leave tomorrow, I was sad that I had to go back to the Dursleys and that I wouldn't be able to see Draco all summer. My heart was breaking at the thought of it.

Draco didn't seem too thrilled about us not being able to see each other either, he even tried to convince me to spend the summer with him and his parents, but I couldn't do that to Harry, even if we're mad at each other, I would never let him handle the Dursley's all by himself.

I went to my dorm, packed my things, and went back to the Common Room, sitting beside Draco.

Draco: Are you sure I can't convince you to spend Summer Break with me and my family?

(Y/N): I can't darling, I can't leave Harry alone with those awful people, but we still have our diaries, remember? I'll always be with you, even if we're apart.

Draco: Yeah, you're right Princess.

We hugged each other and found comfort in the silence of the Common Room, drifting off to sleep cause of it, in each other's embrace.

......................................................

Morning

I woke up to Draco shaking me, making me take a look at our surroundings only to notice, that we did fall asleep on one of the couches of the Common Room, I felt my face go red at the realization.

Draco: Good Morning Princess, you're a little red there, you okay?

Even if I wasn't looking at him I could still hear the teasing and amusement in his tone making my face get even redder.

(Y/N): Good Morning Angel, I'm fine, we should get dressed and get to breakfast.

Draco: Yeah, I'll see you in a bit Princess, don't miss me too much.

I rolled my eyes and went to get ready, making sure that I had everything packed, then made my way to the Common Room, where Draco was already waiting for me.

We went to the Great Hall and had breakfast like normal but today would be the last time before we went home for Summer break, there we said goodbye to some people that we knew we would not be able to see on the train.

I saw Harry doing the same with his friends, a miserable look on his face, I couldn't blame him, after all, we would have to back to a place we didn't like but at least now we had friends that we could talk to. I looked around taking in the scenery, the happy faces of my friends and the others, all happy and excited to see their families again. We all made our way to the platform to catch the train.

Hagrid: Come on, now. Hurry up, you'll be late. The train's leaving. Go on. Come on, hurry up.

Draco and I gave our stuff to the train staff, before getting on it, I looked at Hagrid and waved goodbye but then I went to him and hugged him for a few seconds, after that I followed Draco to an empty cabin, I sat beside him, leaving the seats in front of us to Crabbe and Goyle. The train moved and for a moment I just sat there looking through the window. I rested my head on Draco's shoulders and closed my eyes hoping to enjoy this comfortable silence, I must have fallen asleep while doing that because when I opened my eyes we were almost halfway there.

Trolley lady: Anything from the trolley?

Draco seeing that I was awake nodded.

Draco: Yes, please. Two chocolate frogs and two (f/candy).

The woman gave him what he asked and he paid her, when I went to give him the money for my (f/candy) he refused and put an (f/c) on my mouth, knowing how stubborn he was I decided not to complain and just chew on it.

The rest of the ride was spent with Crabbe and Goyle eating and with me reading Draco's book, while he softly caressed my head and read his book over my shoulder. We stayed like this until we had to get out of the train. Before going to find Harry and the Dursley's I went to talk with Lucius and Narcissa.

Lucius: (Y/N) nice to see you, did Draco convince you to spend Summer break with us?

(Y/N): Unfortunately he didn't, but once again thank you for the invite Lucius, Narcissa.

You see, when I met Lucius we both got off on the wrong way, but when I spent Christmas with them I realized he's actually a good person, sure he has his flaws but nobody is perfect. Now he treats me like I'm his daughter, Narcissa also sees me as a daughter but she wishes for Draco and I to end up together, we're still so young so I don't see that happening, but who knows maybe we do end together, maybe we don't, we'll just have to wait and see.

(Y/N): It's been a pleasure seeing you again, but I should probably go find my brother so we can go find the Dursleys.

Narcissa: Of course honey, if you need anything you know we will try to help you in any way we can.

(Y/N): I know Narcissa, thank you.

I hugged them and turned to Draco, who was teary-eyed but refused to let even one of those tears escape his eyes.

Draco: Promise you'll write to me?

(Y/N): I promise so don't forget to always check your diary, okay?

He nodded and hugged me tight not wanting to let me go, but I needed to go so I broke the hug and gave him a kiss on the cheek. I got my things and went to find Harry. I found him with the Dursleys, on the way home Harry told me that Hagrid said that if Dudley gave us trouble we could threaten him with magic but the only thing on my mind was Draco and how I knew that our next year would be as exciting and thrilling as this one, and I hoped that maybe some truths would be uncovered. But would I like what would be revealed?

......................................................

(A/N)
Hey guys, the last chapter of the first year. Hope you guy like it.

Word Count: 1051