Protego

(Y/N) Pov

I went to bed, seeing as it was already night when I met up with Hagrid, I had a restless night at first but exhaustion soon took over.

It was morning when I opened my eyes again, I got dressed and met up with Draco and Blaise in the Common Room.

Draco: Good morning, my love.

I gave him a kiss and Blaise a smile as they got up so we could head to the Great Hall for breakfast.

(Y/N): You guys won't f*cking believe what's the first task.

Blaise: How do you know what it is in the first place?

(Y/N): I had a little help from a person we know, but anyway it's Dragons.

Draco: Dragons?

(Y/N): Yeah, I saw them yesterday, they're beautiful, deadly but incredibly beautiful.

Draco: Have you decided what you're going to do, love?

(Y/N): Not a single clue. They have five dragons, I'm guessing that we'll draw them randomly and I don't know what they want us to do specifically so I must prepare for all of them and all the possible scenarios, I just know that whatever it is I want to do it in the most harmless way possible.

Blaise: How about something to distract them?

(Y/N): That could work but again we don't know what the task is yet so that might not work.

We got to the Great Hall, Viktor, Dimitry, Ilya, and Alexei were already there which was perfect because I would be able to tell Viktor about the first task.

Hermione: How are you all doing this morning?

Her bright smile made Blaise's whole face light up, so cute, they engaged in a conversation not paying any mind to the rest of us, I turned to Viktor.

(Y/N): Okay, I got some huge information last night.

I told him everything, about the dragons, how we were sorting going to sort them by luck, and that he should prepare for everything, I was going to spend the day in the library, studying all I could find about dragons and for that, I would need a permission slip, I look up to Uncle.

(Y/N): Guys, I will be right back.

I gave Draco a kiss and made my way to the teacher's table, everyone was so caught up in their conversations that they dismissed me completely.

(Y/N): Professor Snape, I was wondering if I could get a permission slip, I need to do some research today so I was hoping to go to the Library.

Uncle just nodded and got up, silently dismissing me and wordlessly telling me to go back to my seat.

Draco: What was that all about?

(Y/N): I asked for a permission slip.

Viktor: He looked a little cold, is your Uncle always like that?

(Y/N): Not really but we have to act as if we don't have any blood relation, especially near the other teachers, he cannot show any favoritism.

They all nodded and the talk went on until Uncle came back and gave me the permission slip I asked for and permission to enter the Restricted Area.

(Y/N): Thank you, Professor.

Uncle: You're welcome, dear.

He then proceeded to go back to his seat, his black cloak floating behind him. Something caught my eye when I went to look back at my friends, almost all of the Slytherin students were using a pin, that said Potter sucks, and then it turned to Riddle rocks, or Riddle Hogwarts Champion.

(Y/N): Did you do those?

Draco: I might. Are you going to get mad?

(Y/N): No, I find them ingenious.

...................................................

I still have no idea what I will be doing when the time to face whatever dragon I get comes, even after reading almost all the books I could find on dragons. I had an idea and ran to the Common Room, only taking a few minutes to go pick up Asmodeus and Hades from my dorm, I made my way to the portrait that revealed the secret office of Salazar Slytherin.

I could definitely find more about dragons and methods to fight them here than at the library.

(Y/N): Okay, Asmodeus did he ever mention something about dragons or mentioned a book in particular?

Asmodeus: There was something, apparently it was a book he had found a few years prior, something about a spell that lets you communicate with Dragons, but no one was able to see if it worked or not. It would be a risky move, mistress.

(Y/N): I'm willing to take that risk, now, do you know where that book is?

Asmodeus slithered away, showing me the way to the book that could help me in this first task.

.............................................................

I walked to the courtyard, you could see I was in a good mood, by the way, I muttered a song under my breath, that is until I noticed a promotion near where I was supposed to find Draco.

I pushed past everyone, seeing Draco and Harry in the middle, Harry was glaring at Draco while the platinum-haired boy was smirking.

Harry: I don't care what you and your father think. He's vile and cruel and you're just pathetic.

Draco lift his wand before I could say anything, I saw Professor Moody lifting up his from the spot he was in, I lifted mine as quickly as I could.

(Y/N): Protego!

Moody's spell bounced off the barrier I had conjured around us, it had luckily hit the ground and not someone else.

(Y/N): I thought I f*cking warned you not to mess with the people I loved again, Professor.

You could see the man shiver at my words, he put his wand down, and before he could say something Professor McGonagall arrived.

Professor McGonagall: Professor Moody! What on earth were you thinking?

Professor Moody: I was going to teach Mr. Malfoy a lesson about throwing curses at people that don't deserve it before Miss Riddle intervened.

(Y/N): Harry clearly deserved it, he was bad-mouthing Lucius, of course, Draco would get mad. Professor McGonagall, if you had heard Harry you would be disgusted by what he said about someone he doesn't even know, and who knows what would have happened to Draco if I hadn't cast a Protego Charm against Professor Moody's spell.

Professor McGonagall: Right you are Miss Riddle. 30 points to Slytherin for such a perfect Protego Charm. Now Mr. Potter follow me and Professor Moody if I see you using magic on students again I will make sure that you will never cast another spell again.

.............................................................

Word Count: 1111