Herbology

(A/N)

Hey guys, I just wanted you all to know that I'll be updating weekly, because of school, and that I don't have a specific day to update, because I don't know if I would be able to keep it when school starts.
Thank you for the support and I hope you like the chapter.

..............................................

(Y/N) Pov

I knew that I was worrying Draco being like this, pale, staring off at nothing but I couldn't help it, there's so many secrets around me, it's infuriating.

It was time for class so Draco and I got up, he grabbed my hand and squeezed it trying to give me some comfort even though he didn't know what was going on inside my head.

Our first class would be Herbology with Professor Sprout. Potions with Professor Snape will always be my favorite class but maybe I'll like Herbology.

Herbology Class:

Professor Sprout: Good morning everyone.

The students didn't reply back continuing to chat amongst themselves, myself included. I nodded at Hermione and Ron that were across the room, completely ignoring Harry.

I was still kinda hurt that they didn't say anything that day on the bookshop but I get them, they were Harry's friends first and even if we were friends now I knew they wouldn't do anything to ruin their friendship with him.

Professor: Good morning everyone.

Students: Good morning, Professor Sprout.

This time we all answered, Draco looking at bit bored already, this happened quite often, the only class that Draco paid all his attention to was Potions and I must admit that I get why.

Professor: Welcome to Greenhouse Three, second years. Now, gather around, everyone. Today, we're going to re-pot Mandrakes.

We got closer to the table that was on the middle of the room and seeing the smirk that suddenly made way to Draco's face I knew he was going to do something dumb.

Professor: Who here can tell me the properties of the Mandrake root?

Both mine and Hermione's hands raised, Professor Sprout looked at the both of us but choose Hermione.

Professor: Yes, Miss Granger?

Hermione: Mandrake, or Mandragora, is used to return those who have been petrified to their original state. It's also quite dangerous. The Mandrake's cry is fatal to anyone who hears it.

Professor: Excellent. 10 points to Gryffindor.

I gave Hermione a thumbs up which she smiled at,Draco didn't look as happy about it though.

Professor: Now, as our Mandrakes are still only seedlings, their cries won't kill you yet, but they could knock you out for several hours, which is why I've given each of you a pair of earmuffs for auditory protection. So could you please put them on right away? Quickly.

I grabbed mine and put them on, making sure they were well put, it would be a hassle to end up in the Medical Wing right on the first day, I looked at Draco's just to make sure we had put them on well, which he didn't, I grabbed it, making him jump a little, but once he saw what I was doing he calmed down.

Draco: Thank you, Princess, I wouldn't want to get knock out.

I couldn't really make out what he said because of the ear muffs, but I knew it was something nice just by looking in his eyes so I kissed his cheek and gave him a sweet smile, making him turn a light shade of pink.

I was getting used to the earmuffs after a little while, so i could hear everything around me.

Harry: I think Draco might need a little help from the Mandrakes. I mean I always thought his feelings were a bit petrified but maybe I'm wrong.

The whole class snickered, except the Slytherins, making me mad, they all love Harry just because he's famous so they don't really care if he's a prick, like he should just mind his damn life, I'm sure Voldemort will try to kill him again, so instead of making rude comments about other people and acting all high and mighty, he should just stay alert.

(Y/N): How about you shut up. I think I told you to mind your own business when I punched you, if you didn't learn you're lesson I'll be happy to punch you again.

This time the Slytherins laughed, making me smirk at Harry's mad and embarrassed face, I guess nobody, expect the people who were there knew that I had punched him. His face told me he was going to do something about this later but I didn't really care.

Professor: Okay, let's all calm down now. You guys are lucky this is the first day or else I would have given you guys detention.

I looked down, ashamed, I wanted to get through this class without something like this happen, but it's hard with that prick in the same room. I felt Draco grab my hand and that guilty feeling that I had went away because I did this to defend a friend.

The class went on and I paid attention, Draco's hand still on mine, since we weren't using our hands for now I guess there isn't a problem to just keep them like that.

Professor: Now. Watch me closely. You grasp your Mandrake firmly, you pull it up out of the pot.

A high pitched squealing ran through the classroom, it made my ears hurt even with the earmuffs on. I don't even want to imagine what would be like to hear that without the ear protection.

Professor: And, now you dunk it down into the other pot and pour a little sprinkling of soil to keep him warm.

I heard a thud, I looked in the direction of the sound, only to find Neville passed out.

Professor: Longbottom's been neglecting his earmuffs.

Seamus: No, ma'am, he's just fainted.

Professor: Yes, well, just leave him there. Right, on we go.

I was little surprised by that but if she says to leave there's nothing I can do.

Professor: Plenty of pots to go around. Grasp your Mandrake and pull it up.

I did what she said and hurried to put it in the other pot, just wanting this hell of noise to stop. Draco being Draco, put his finger on the Mandrake's mouth, I rolled my eyes at this and helped him get it out.

(Y/N): Don't do that.

I scowled him but I must admit that it was funny, so  my scowl was quickly replaced by a laugh, he smiled at it, I guess he did it to see if I would at least smile, I guess I worried him to much during breakfast.

Class ended a little bit after that, I needed to talk to Draco so I made him stay behind.

(Y/N): I just wanted to say sorry for worrying you and to thank you for always supporting me.

I gave him a smile which he returned.

Draco: There's no need for that, I'm here for you because I want to be and because you're my friend, so of course I wouldn't leave you alone.

We hugged and all I could think was of how grateful I was to have him in my life.

......................................................

Word Count: 1154