Unexpected Decisions

(Y/N) Pov

I was kind of surprised to see Lucius at Hagrid's doorway but he is part of Ministry of Magic so  guess I shouldn't be that surprised.

Lucius: Already here, Fudge? Good.

Lucius had the same stoic face he had the day I met him, he meant business, he usually wears this expression when he is serious or is trying to hide his emotions, I may not have known this back when I met him but now I knew that he had a lot of emotions underneath that stoic face of his but that was not the case here.

I could see it in his eyes, it was barely noticeable but there was still a difference between the two states of his stoic expression, he had this expression that he used mostly when around his coworkers.

Hagrid: What are you doing here? Get out of my house!

Hagrid was glaring at Lucius, it made me nervous, I released a breath I didn't know I was holding when Hagrid stopped glaring at him a few seconds after, but there was still a lot of tension in the room and I could feel my body lightly shake because of it.

Lucius: Believe me. I take absolutely no pleasure being inside your... You call this a house? Hm.

Lucius stopped right in front of us making me stop breathing for a brief moment, it wasn't like he could sense us but it still made us take a few steps back. Lucius's comment was rude and mean but that's apart of that mask he puts on everyday after waking up.

Lucius: No, I simply called at the school and was told the headmaster was here.

I looked at the two boys beside me, Ron looked absolutely terrified while Harry was glaring at Lucius and that could get us caught so I slapped his head and shooked mine, thankfully he understood what I meant and stopped glaring.

We couldn't talk right now, it would get us caught, but I knew that when we get out off this hut, I would have to listen Harry complain about Lucius so I was just mentally praying that they would take their sweet time discussing the attacks, in all honesty I was tired, I wanted to sleep but if they left, we would have to make our way back to the castle and having to hear Harry complain about how evil Lucius is cause he was a Slytherin all the way to the dungeons was not on my wish list, so hearing them discuss about this subject is way better than Harry's nagging.

Dumbledore: Well, what exactly is it that you want with me?

Lucius: The other governors and I, have decided that it's time for you to step aside.

My eyes widened, and my mind replayed something that happened some time ago, it was when Harry and Ron disguised themselves as Crabbe and Goyle, Draco said that Lucius thought that Dumbledore was the worst thing that ever happened to Hogwarts, now I knew this wasn't true even though Lucius wasn't really fond of him.

The other governors must have all decided to make Dumbledore step aside and Lucius must have felt the pressure on his back if he  didn't agree with them, besides he was a Malfoy so he probably didn't hesitate to agree with them, it doesn't matter in what world you are, reputation is everything and if Lucius went against the other governors or if they saw that he was hesitant about this, he surely would lose a lot of his influence, people would most likely see him as weak and he just couldn't have that.

Lucius: This is an order of suspension. You'll find all 12 signatures on it.

Lucius gave Dumbledore the parchment, and I knew he wasn't about to let the opportunity to tease the headmaster slip, even if the older man always displayed a calm demeanor, that was actually one of the things that spiked my curiosity about him, I always wondered if there was something that could make him angry.

Lucius: I'm afraid we feel you've rather lost your touch.

There it is. Lucius may not a bad person if you actually get to know him but he sure as hell liked to tease other people.

Lucius: Well, what, with all these attacks, there'll be no Muggle-borns left Hogwarts. I can only imagine what an awful loss that would be to the school.

He made his way back to us, Harry and Ron shared a look, I knew they were suspicious of Lucius, but I knew him better than that, I could see past what he said, and deep down that stoic face he displayed I could see that he was actually concerned about the well being of the students.

Hagrid: You can't take Professor Dumbledore away. Take him away, and the Muggle-borns won't stand a chance. You mark my words, there'll be killing next.

Lucius: You think so?

Dumbledore: Calm yourself, Hagrid. If the governors desire my removal, I will, of course, step aside. However you will find that help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it.

He looked directly at us, he knew we were here, it was almost as if he could see us like we weren't underneath the invisibility cloak. It didn't make sense though, we didn't make as much as a sound ever since their arrival, this man was just something else entirely and I mean that in a good way.

Lucius looked behind him, trying to figure out what Dumbledore was looking at, at this moment I just wanted to lay down on my bed and pass out, I didn't even mind having to listen to Harry's nagging anymore, the tension in this room was making me jumpy, it put me on edge and more nervous than I had ever been since I entered this room.

Lucius: Admirable sentiments. Shall we?

Dumbledore looked at us one more time before turning away to the door and leaving.

Lucius: Fudge.

Fudge: Come, Hagrid.

Hagrid: If anybody was looking for some stuff, then all they'd have to do would be to follow the spiders. Yep. That would Leda them right. That's all I have to say. Oh, and someone will need to feed Fang while I'm away.

They all left, so Harry removed the invisibility cloak, I was still on edge and my brain and body couldn't concentrate on that I was too nervous to think about what Hagrid said.

Ron: Hagrid's right. With Dumbledore gone, there'll be an attack a day.

Harry: Look.

We looked at the wall only to find a bunch of spiders on it, the tiny bugs made my skin crawl and a scowl to appear on my face.

Harry: Come on. Come on, Fang.

They grabbed a light and left the hut, I guess I was the only one still thinking straight.

(Y/N): Yes, let's follow a bunch of spiders in the dead of the night. What could possibly go wrong?

.............................................................

Word Count: 1178