The Mirror Of Erised

(Y/N) Pov

We were in the middle of the Forbidden Forest when Hagrid stopped and touched some silver liquid that was on the ground.

"Hagrid, what is that?"

Harry asked.

"That's what we're here for. See this?"

Hagrid paused and showed us the silver liquid in his fingers then continued speaking.

"That's unicorn blood. I found one dead a few weeks ago. Now this one has been hurt by something so it's our job to go and find the poor beast."

We all looked scared, but this is what we came here to do.

"Ron, Hermione you came with me."

"Okay."

They both said to Hagrid.

"Harry, (Y/N) you'll go with Malfoy."

"Fine. Then I get Fang."

Draco said annoyed that he had to go with Harry.

"Fine. Just so you know he's a bloody coward."

We split up and Draco was complaining that his father was going to hear about this and that this was servant's stuff.

"If I didn't know better, I'd say you're scared."

And there goes Harry provoking Draco, it's already annoying that I have to hear Draco's complains now I'm going to have to listen to them bickering, so I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not scared, Potter."

A wolf howled and Draco spoke again.

"Did you hear that?"

I ignored them and continued walking forward and they followed both of them to scared to stay behind but won't admit it.

/(A/N) - Guys I'm going to put some thoughts in bold and italic. /

"Boys, they are all the same."

We kept walking but I suddenly came to a halt when this cloaked person or creature came into my line of sight, he looked like he was drinking the unicorn's blood, before I realized Draco screamed and ran, Harry tried to do the same thing but tripped on a tree's root and ended up on the ground, for some reason I felt that this person/creature wouldn't hurt me, he came towards me and I didn't even flinch but I heard Harry take in a breath, when the person/creature was almost touching me, a centaur came out of nowhere scaring him, making it scurry away deeper into the forest.

"(Y/N) Riddle, Harry Potter, you must leave. You are known to many creatures here. The forest is not safe at this hour especially for you two. "

I don't think Harry noticed what the centaur called me because he was still in shock but I did and that certainly got me thinking.

" What was that thing you saved us from? "

Harry asked and I must admit that it was a really good question.

" A monstrous creature. It's a terrible crime to slay a unicorn. Drinking its blood will keep you alive even if you are a inch away from death. But at a terrible price. For you have stain something so pure that the moment the blood touches you lips, you will have a half-life. A cursed life. "

My eyes widened in shock and in a little of realization.

" Who would choose such life? "

Harry said and I mentally face-palm because this question was dumb as hell.