Close To The Truth

(Y/N) Pov

Lockhart went flying as my memory charm hit him, making him hit the wall behind him, dropping Ron's wand in the process. But also causing the place to rumble and causing a some parts of the ceiling to fall separating Harry and I from Ron and Lockhart.

I must admit that if I could go back in time I would do everything the same way, even if it meant that the ceiling would collapse cause seeing that wannabe teacher flying cause of my memory charm felt extremely good and it was definitely worth all of this.

Ron: Harry! (Y/N)! Harry!

Harry: Ron!

(Y/N): Yes, yes we're separated, get over it.

Ron: The memory charm (Y/N) did worked. Lockhart doesn't have a clue of who he is.

He was asking some questions that made me roll my eyes more times that I would have wanted, Ron grabbed a stone and hit him in the head knocking him unconscious.

Ron: What do I do now?

Harry: You wait here and try and shift some of this rocks so we can get back through. We'll go on and find Ginny.

(Y/N): Finally a good idea come from your mouth.

Ron: Okay.

Harry grabbed his wand, and he made our way deeper into the room finding some type of entrance with snakes on it. Harry was getting ready to speak some Parseltoungue but I beat him to it.

(Y/N): My brother's a git.

Harry looked confused.

(Y/N): What?

Harry: I couldn't understand what you said. How did you do that?

I shrugged and he was about to say something else but got interrupted by the noise of the snakes moving. The door opened and another room was revealed, we got in and went down the stairs, there was a path surrounded by water and statues of snakes. We made out way down the path only to find Ginny laying on the ground, Harry ran to her but I stayed behind, being careful so I wouldn't get caught by surprise. I cautiously made my way to them.

Harry : Ginny. Oh, Ginny, please don't be dead. Wake up, wake up. Please wake up.

(Y/N): She's not going to wake up just because you tell her to wake up you idiot.

Voice: She won't wake.

A man made his way to us, he had Slytherin robes on but I had never seen him before.

Harry: Tom. Tom Riddle. What do you mean she won't wake? She's not...?

(Y/N): Riddle. So your the owner of the diary I found, before it was stolen from me and I'm going to guess that it was Ginny who did it.

Tom: She's still alive, but only just. And your assumptions are correct (Y/N).

Harry: Are you a ghost?

(Y/N): Does he look transparent like Myrtle to you?

Tom: Right again. I'm not a ghost, I'm a memory preserved in a diary for 50 years.

Harry: She's cold as ice. Ginny, please don't be dead. Wake up.

I was paying attention to Ginny but I could still see Tom picking Harry's wand from the ground, seriously my brother is so dumb, who in their right mind leaves their wand on the ground in a dangerous, unknown place.

I still had my hand in hand so I clutched it tight prepared for anything that might happen.

Harry: You've got to help me, Tom. There's a basilisk.

Tom: It won't come until its called.

(Y/N): I know you never listen to me Harry, and you'll probably ignore me again but I have a feeling that he's not on our side and that we should start to run.

Harry: Give me my wand, Tom. (Y/N), you really need to shut up and let me handle things, I'm better than you and I don't need your opinion, so just back off.

(Y/N): You can die for all I care, I really need to start listening to Draco and stop helping you and let you get yourself killed. Before we get in danger and I forget talk to me like that again and I'll rip out your tongue, understand?

I saw him nod from the corner of my eye since I didn't take my eyes off Tom.

Tom smirked at my comment, his eyes showed that he was proud but I didn't know of what.

Tom: You won't be needing your wand.

His eyes told me that he wanted to say something about my threat to rip off Harry's tongue but that this was not the right moment, I felt like I was so close to the truth, a few more minutes and I would know what people were hiding from me.

Harry: Listen, we've got to go. We've got to save her.

(Y/N): Can you stop talking nonsense, he's obviously not on our side in this, even a blind man could see that, you bloody idiot.

Tom looked like he was about to laugh but he restrained himself, still wearing that smirk that could make shivers run down your spine. I should have been uncomfortable with all of this but I wasn't I felt calm in this place even while I was threatening Harry, Tom's presence didn't make me on edge like it should, no, it felt familiar to me and this room made me feel powerful.

This thoughts consumed my mind and I tried to pushed them down so I could pay attention to all that was happening but they still haunted my mind.

Tom: I'm afraid I can't do that, Harry. You see, as poor Ginny grows weaker, I grow stronger. You should start listening to (Y/N), she is obviously the smarter between the two of you, not that I blame her seeing as of who she is.

Harry looked at me, confused, but to be honest that was almost his normal look since Harry gets confused all the time. I'll admit that I would of have been confused too, if I hadn't know already that Lilly and James weren't my real parents. I mean I wasn't hundred percent sure but I had my suspicions.

.............................................................

Word Count: 1032