Before It Began

(Y/N) Pov

I smiled as I saw her get dragged away in the distance, as I knew that her reign of terror was over.

Hermione: Thank you, Grawp.

The giant gave us a small shy smile before proceeding to remove the arrows from his body.

(Y/N): We need to go. Harry's got a vision, and this time it wasn't father, so it can only be Dumbledore's doing. That's why Harry lied, in one move he removed Umbridge from being an obstacle and was able to delay us.

Draco: Dumbledore's manipulating him into doing his bidding, if he showed (Y/N)'s father trying to do or get something it will only lead to Harry doing it as well if he thinks it will ruin his plans and help Dumbledore. So whatever he saw must be something Dumbledore wants desperately but cannot get it.

Uncle: Well, Dumbledore has always been interested in a lot of things, the deadly hallows, Tom's horcruxes, poisons, unknown spells, any magical object he could find, prophecies, and the list goes on. The first two are for obvious reasons.

As we all looked at each other wondering exactly what Dumbledore wanted when distant shouts of our names caught our attention.

Two bouncing redheads appeared in the distance, concern was all over their faces as they sprinted faster towards us.

Fred: Thank God, you guys are okay.

George: We are ecstatic to see you unharmed but we have bad news.

(Y/N): They might actually be good news. Considering everything.

Fred: Harry and Ron escaped.

George: We were worried about you guys, so we expertly knocked out the Inquisitorial Squad but during the chaos Harry and Ron went through the fireplace.

(Y/N): Okay, this could be very good news or catastrophic news.

Draco: How so? Harry ran away to do Dumbledore's dirty business and we have no idea where he is.

(Y/N): That's why this could be bad news. But everything changes if you guys manage to hear the name of the place they went to.

Fred: I heard Ron say Ministry of Magic. But we still don't know which department they are going to.

(Y/N): Actually, I have an idea of where they might be going.

Hermione: Are you sure? Harry has a headstart, we cannot be wrong about this.

(Y/N): I'm pretty sure I'm right, some time ago Father mentioned some prophecy that he was made aware of, according to the person who told him, Harry would try to kill me in the future, it was one of the reasons he marched to the Potter's house as soon as he found out where I was. But if there's something more that he or anyone else knew, I mean why else would Dumbledore be so interested in a prophecy about Harry trying to kill me? That has always been one of Dumbledore's goals, so what if there's more to it? Something that he wants to confirm?

Uncle: Like what?

Blaise: I have no clue. But it does make sense, after all with all the prophecies the Ministry holds why is that one the one he wants?

Fred: Though we are still not sure it is that one. But it's worth the risk.

Draco: How are going to get there?

Uncle: Since we can't apparate, our best bet would be for me to knock out the Inquisitorial Squad once more so we can use the Floo Network.

(Y/N): What about flying?

Uncle: It's much riskier to fly since we don't know if Dumbledore's followers will be trailing us or even waiting for the moment we step a foot out of Hogwarts grounds. We cannot risk the possibility of being attacked while flying. At least in here, we know what we will be facing.

We all nodded, knowing he was right. Bellatrix Lestrange will not hesitate to attack us just because her nephew is among us, just like any other of Dumbledore's minions. We took off, running as quickly as our legs could handle, after all, Harry could not get his hands on whatever it was that Dumbledore wanted.

I saw Uncle move his hand but I didn't pay much attention to whatever spell he was casting, focusing on thinking about how to keep everyone safe in case things took a wrong turn.

I won't let anyone I care about get hurt for Dumbledore's st*pid power play, physically, mentally, or even emotionally. As I thought that, Professor Lupin's crestfallen face after learning the truth, after having his trust broken.

Sirius spent twelve years in Azkaban for something he did not do, for something that could have been avoided if Dumbledore wasn't obsessed with Father, paranoid that someone knew what he had done, who he really was.

Father spent years having his name thrown in the mud, having to fear for his life when he only wanted to have a fun school life, and having people run, scream, and cry out of fear of him.

Uncle lost one of his friends because of him, murdered in cold blood, only trying to protect the babies in her care.

I will not let him ruin anything else in their lives, I will protect them all so they won't have to feel as helpless as they might have felt before.

We got back to the castle quicker than I thought or maybe I just lost track of time with all those thoughts in my head, but it matters not, Uncle didn't even take a whole minute to knock out the Inquisitorial Squad, rapidly ushering us to the fireplace.

(Y/N): Ministry of Magic!

The green flames wrapped around me just like the first time, not once burning my uncovered skin, a comfortable warmth coming from them as if comforting me about what was coming, about what I would be facing. Helping me prepare for the inevitable after all we knew that once we set foot in the Ministry of Magic we only had a little time before Dumbledore's followers showed up. We only had a little time before all the facades disappeared and it began.
War.

..................................................

Word Count: 1021