Tutoring Lessons

(Y/N) Pov

I was up earlier than usual getting ready for my tutoring with Professor Lupin, I was excited, wandless magic is extremely hard to do due to the amount of concentration, and to do the Patronus Charm you also need extreme focus. I left the Common Room, everything was silent due to most students being so I calmly made my way to Professor Lupin's office.

Professor Lupin: (Y/N)? I was wondering when you were going to be here. Now, are you sure you want to do this? Like I've told you before this is very advanced magic, well beyond the wizarding level.

(Y/N): I'm sure, sir.

Professor Lupin: Very well, everything's prepared. Now, seeing as you already know how to cast the Patronus charm with a wand, I want you to close your eyes, think of your happiest memories and say the incantation. I want you to focus solely on that, forget everything around you.

I did as he said, and focused on the memory playing in my head, the sound of the wall clock got distant as I concentrated just on doing the spell, I could only hear Professor Lupin's voice and nothing else, it felt like my body was tingling.

Professor Lupin: Now, when you feel ready say the incantation.

(Y/N): Expecto Patronum.

As soon as I said those two words the tingling feeling stopped and the sounds around me came back, I opened my eyes but there was nothing but a few streaks of silver in the air.

Professor Lupin: Don't feel down, this is such advanced magic that most wizards can't cast it, and for your first time trying it a few streaks of silver are good, it means you're on the right track. Now let's try again, shall we?

I nodded and repeated the process, the tingling feeling once again being present while I concentrated but this time it felt stronger like something had changed after I tried to cast the spell the first time, my memory changed to the dance Draco and I had on Christmas at the Malfoy Manor, a smile involuntarily appeared on my face.

(Y/N): Expecto Patronum.

Just like before the tingling feeling disappeared as soon as I had said the incantation, I opened my eyes once more and this time instead of steaks there was a small ball of silver in front of me, I still wasn't successful but it was getting better.

Professor Lupin: Good, you're starting to understand how it feels and what memories work the best, a few more tries and you should be able to do it. Let's do it again, don't forget the feeling you had on this one.

I nodded my head and did everything again, my memory changed from the dance we shared on Christmas Day to our first date on Hogsmeade.

(Y/N): Expecto Patronum.

I opened my eyes and a small silver dragon was floating in front of me, he nuzzled to my face before disappearing, it was so cute, but it still wasn't the successful realization of a wandless Patronus Charm.

Professor Lupin: You should be proud, you're doing better than all the other wizards who've tried doing endless magic before, no one got it down as quickly as you.

I was proud of myself but I still wanted to see how the successful version would look like and I was having a good feeling so I decided to try again, Professor Lupin looked at me hesitantly, he must have thought that me pushing myself like this wasn't a good idea and I would probably agree with him in any other situation but right now I needed to do this, I had already gotten the hand of the concentration process so it was much quicker to focus than it was on the first try, the memory started as the same as the one on the previous try but in the end, it changed to the snow fight we had yesterday, it was almost as if they merged and when one ended the other one started despite them being from different years.

(Y/N): Expecto Patronum!

I opened my eyes and a big silver dragon was in front of me, it was the same dragon as before but it was as if he had grown, he was still adorable, the dragon flew around the room and stopped beside me, he was huge but you would see it still had a childish nature as he licked and nuzzled his head to my body, I was taken out of my shock by Professor Lupin clapping.

Professor Lupin: Well done, (Y/N). I knew you could do it, I was worried you were pushing yourself too hard and that I would need to stop you but it seems you proved me wrong.

I smiled, I was proud of myself, I had done something most wizards take years to do in four tries, it was an experience that was worth the frustration of failing the first tries.

Professor Lupin: I believe that you won't be needing any more tutoring lessons, but if you need to train or want to learn more do come to see me, I'll gladly help. Now, seeing as you had the concentration to perform the Patronus Charm without a wand you'll probably also be able to perform simpler spells like Wingardium Leviosa without a wand since they don't need the amount of focus the Patronus Charm does.

(Y/N): I'll be sure to try and perform simpler spells and train my wandless magic. Thank you for teaching me, sir. Truly.

Professor Lupin: It was my pleasure to help such a bright student, it's almost breakfast time, you should be going now.

I nodded, grabbed my stuff, and headed to the door, I waved the kind Professor goodbye and went to my Common Room to wait for Draco, Blaise, Crabbe, and Goyle, I could still feel the excitement rush through my body, I can't wait to tell Draco about this, he will be so proud and happy for me. I also need to test out and see if I can perform simpler spells as Professor Lupin told me, I'm so enthusiastic to see what I can do and what kind of spells I'll be able to cast.

.............................................................

Word Count: 1051