Disastrous Class

(Y/N) Pov

I was lost in my thoughts waiting for that charlatan, Gilderoy Lockhart to appear, my mind going back to what I read in my dorm.

I was scared of the letter that I received but I couldn't do anything about it. I didn't know who T. M. R is and I don't know who left it on my bedside table. The person said we would meet soon but I wonder how soon will it be.

Part of me doesn't want that meeting to happen because I don't know what I'll find out but the other part of me just wants to have peace and to not have to look on edge all the time because of mysterious letters.

Draco: Hey our class is about to start.

I was so deep into my mind that I didn't realize that our teacher was already entering the classroom, this man had an ego bigger than Draco's and that would be a problem for everyone in this class, seriously what's with this school's hiring process.

A teacher possessed by the Dark Lord, now a charlatan with a high ego, what's next a werewolf?

Gilderoy: Let me introduce you to your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, me.

I rolled my eyes, I know that he saw me doing it because his smile faltered a bit but he remained there looking like he wasn't shocked that I obviously didn't like him. I wish Snape would teach this class, I don't understand why Dumbledore, wouldn't give him this position, he would be a much better teacher than this joke.

Gilderoy: Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class. Honorary member of the Dark Force Defense League and five times winner of Witch Weekly's Most Charming Award Smile. But I don't talk about that.

I could see most girls in my class swoon over him, all I could think was, seriously? How can they swoon over a guy that just stood in front of a moving painting of himself that was painting a portrait of him.

(Y/N): What a joke.

Draco laughed beside me, I could hear some of the students that were close to me snickering as well.

Gilderoy: I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at him.

I could see the boys in my class thinking the same thing as me, why is this guy our teacher.

Gilderoy: Now be warned. It is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizardkind. You may find yourselves facing your worst fears in this room. Known only that no harm can befall you whilst I am here. I must ask you not to scream. It might provoke them!

He pulled the blanket that was over a cage that was beside him, only to reveal a cage full of cornish pixies, they didn't look to happy and I understand why, I mean who likes to be caged in a tiny space from where they can't get out.

Seamus: Cornish pixies?

All the class was laughing except Draco and I, he had a serious look on his face while looking at Crabbe and Goyle, who were dying of laughter.

Gilderoy: Freshly caught Cornish pixies. Laugh if you want Mr. Finnigan, but pixies can be devilishly tricky little blighters. Let's see what you make of them. Hyah! Go!

He opened the cage and just like that all hell broke lose, students running out of the classroom trying to avoid the blue little things, Draco and I got underneath the table to avoid the couple of pixies that flew in our direction.

I could see Neville getting picked up by his ears, and get hanged on the ceiling, Gilderoy tried doing a spell that wasn't even a real spell and when it obviously didn't work, he ran out of the classroom and left us to deal with the blue devilish pixies that he had unleashed. I got sick of them trying to pull my hair and my robes so I just grabbed my wand and pointed at them.

(Y/N): Immobulus!

All the pixies stopped, the trio, Neville and Draco looked at me but I wasn't even caring about it, I was just adjusting my clothes back to their neat state.

Neville: Why is it always me?

(Y/N): I trust that you can take your fellow House mate of the ceiling. Come along Draco.

Draco smiled and grabbed our stuff I could see that he was proud of what I did back there, proud that I used a spell before Hermione and that I was a little sassy.

Draco: Sassy suits you, I like it.

I did a little victory dance in my head, I know that Draco always likes to point out that he likes something about me but this time him saying that made me feel happy and accomplished.

Hermione: Thank you (Y/N).

She said this before we left the classroom and so I responded with a nod, while in the hallway I could hear Harry complaining that he didn't need my help and that Hermione didn't had to thank me.

......................................................

Timeskip

The Slytherin Quidditch Team made way to the field to practice but it was Gryffindor's turn to use so a  note from our head teacher was required so they could let us train.

Luckily we were able to get a note from Snape saying that we could use the field since we had a new Seeker to train but we got stopped by Oliver Wood but since he didn't know about the note or Draco being our new Seeker, we would just have to show it to him now.

Oliver: Where do you think you're going Flint?

Flint: Quidditch practice.

Oliver: I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today.

Flint: Easy, Wood. I've got a note.

Ron and Hermione came to see what was happening, I didn't know why they did that though, this was a matter between the Quidditch Captains.

Oliver: I, Professor Severus Snape, do hereby give the Slytherin team permission to practice today, owing to the need to train their new Seeker. You've got a new Seeker? Who?

We made way for Draco to be seen, I could see Harry grit his teeth and I knew that a fight was about to take place.

......................................................

(A/N)

Hey guys, school started last week and like I said before I'll try to update weekly but I don't have a specific day to do it. Just wanted to remind you guys of that.
Thank you for the support and I hope you enjoy the new chapter.

Word Count: 1051