The Snake

(Y/N) Pov.

My name is (Y/N) Potter, I live with my uncles, cousin, and my twin brother, my brother and I lived with them because our parents died in a car accident when we were babies, Harry and I were in the car that day, or at least that's what we have been told and we survived with nothing but a little lightning bolt scar, a weird scar to get from a car accident but Harry's was on his forehead while mine was on my arm.

Aunt Petunia: Wake up! Wake up!

It was usual for us to be woken up by yelling because despite being their niece and nephew we were treated more like the help in this house, Harry and I slept in a tiny cupboard under the stairs, there was barely room for one of us much less for the two, but we managed, we needed to.

Harry: Ugh... What time is it?

(Y/N): The same as usual, like 07:00, get up. We gotta get ready, and make breakfast unless you wanna be yelled at again.

As I said this I took my time studying him, even though we were twins, we looked nothing alike, more like the complete opposite of each other, but that didn't matter, I liked having someone that would be there for me for everything, I mean isn't that what having a sibling is, even though sometimes I feel like he is pretending, like a well-placed mask.

Harry: You're right.

He got up, not even sparing me a look but again this was a regular thing, and to appease my restless mind I would blame it on the fact that we needed to get ready quickly.

(Y/N): Tell me at least one time where I was wrong.

He simply rolled his eyes with a grimace as we were getting out of that tiny cupboard that we call a room thinking I wouldn't see it but I did, I always did. Dudley came running down the stairs and pushed us back inside making Harry hit his head on a shelf.

(Y/N): Are you okay?

Harry: Yeah, let's just make breakfast, okay?

His reply came through gritted teeth and I could hear the annoyance in his voice as clear as day, I didn't say anything though, I just sighed and made my way to the kitchen, opening the fridge to get what I will need to make breakfast cause Harry can't cook to save his life.

(Y/N): I'll make the bacon and eggs while you make the coffee.

He nodded, and as we started to make breakfast Dudley entered the kitchen, parading around his spoiled attitude and superiority complex, he sat down in his chair and wasted no time as he started to count his birthday presents.

Dudley: Thirty-six, that's two less than last year.

He said, starting to become red with anger, like a tomato, so red that it almost looked like his head would explode in hundreds of burning flames, Aunt Petunia knew that he was starting to throw a fit and that she needed to calm him down before he got into it.

She knew that if he threw a fit he wouldn't calm down till dinner time which would lead to them not leaving the house and doing something for his birthday which would lead to yet another fit.

I hate this boy, I know he's my cousin but seriously can you blame me, he is blowing a fuss over having two presents less from last year, who does that, and how can Aunt Petunia just be okay with it, like shouldn't she scold him and make him understand that he shouldn't do it, is this the results of being as spoiled as he is?

I can't understand the parents that let it get to this point, how can they deal with this every single time, I rolled my eyes at the boy not caring about Aunt Petunia's narrowed gaze.

Aunt Petunia: Darling, you haven't counted Aunt Marge's present, it's here behind this big one from Mommy and Daddy see?

Her words fell on deaf ears as he continued to shake his arms like a baby, fake tears running down his cheeks, and as soon as he whined about how that was still one less from last year's I knew I had to block him off or else I would explode and give him a piece of my mind, something that is his parent's job but I knew they wouldn't do it, he was their precious little Dudley after all.

Aunt Petunia: We'll buy you two more when we're out in the zoo, is that okay with you, darling?

It seems like that did the trick because he stopped shaking his arms, and the tears immediately stopped right after it, he dumbly looked at his mother before raising his hand and counting with his fingers.

Dudley: Then I'll have Thirty... Thirty. How many?

(Y/N): Thirty-nine.

I sneered at him, thinking how could a person be so dumb all the time, like he knew how many presents he had so he just needed to add two more to that number, so how is it possible that he can't even do that, something I always wondered is how he managed to successfully pass grades, like honestly it baffled me.

Suddenly Aunt Petunia looked like she remembered something because she looked at Uncle Vernon in pure horror, and that's all I needed to see to know that it involved us, I always wondered what we did that made them treat us like this but nothing came to mind, but things are what they are.

Aunt Petunia: Mrs. Figgs can't stay with them today, apparently she broke her leg so they have to stay here and destroy the house or come with us and stay in the car.

She looked pissed and Uncle Vernon didn't look much better, he looked as if he was strangling us with his eyes, and he groaned and at that moment I saw where Dudley had gotten most of his attitude and personality from.

Uncle Vernon: That car is new, they are not going to stay in there alone.

.................Timeskip..................

In the end, we had to enter with them because we couldn't stay in the car, so here we are now in front of a snake, a Boa Constrictor to be precise and I couldn't help but stare at her in amazement, you see snakes are one of my favorite animals, so beautiful yet so deadly but I didn't get calmly admire it for cause Dudley snapped me out of my thoughts by hitting the glass.

Dudley: Make it move!

I glared at him hard, if looks could kill he would be six feet under, she isn't his toy or slave to do what he says whenever he wants, she's a living creature, I wanted to do more than just glare I wanted to say something but with Uncle Vernon and aunt Petunia around I couldn't or else I would suffer the consequences of it later on.

Fortunately, he quickly got bored and went to see something else that got his attention, leaving Harry and I looking at the snake, I was admiring it while Harry just looked bored out of his mind.

(Y/N): You get that a lot, I guess.

I knew I wouldn't get an answer, but much to my shock and surprise I did, I looked at Harry with wide eyes as the beautiful creature moved her head up and down but he wasn't paying attention, a faraway look was on his face along with a sneer, I quickly looked back to the snake, I must have hallucinated it due to lack of rest, there is no way.

(Y/N): Do you ever miss your home or your family?

I decided to ask her something else to see if it was real and she once again moved her head this time towards a sign that said "Born In Captivity", I couldn't believe my eyes when she did, my shock was interrupted by an aggressive shove, as I fell to the ground I saw that it was Dudley, who was once again hitting the glass scaring the poor creature behind it.

Duddley: Look at what she's doing. Mom, Dad.

I was enraged, the annoyance from this morning coming to me, the anger from the push and the way he was hitting the glass and yelling, I glared at him and went to get up and push him away from it but suddenly he was the one inside the snake's cage as she got out of it.

His eyes were wide with fear, now hitting the glass, that had magically appeared again, from the inside as he yelled for his Mother and Father, and I could've sworn I heard a thank you coming from the snake but maybe it was just the shock of how quickly things happened, even though we didn't do anything, I mean how could we, I wasn't even sure of what had happened, I could tell by the look on Uncle Vernon's face that both Harry and I were in trouble.

..................................................

A/N

Hope you guys like it 😊😊

Word count: 1550