Bravery Or Stupidity?

(Y/N) Pov

I always complain about Dumbledore's long speeches but now I'm cursing at the fact that he got interrupted by the pink toad that is Umbridge, her voice is giving me such a big headache. I put my head down at the table and groaned feeling Draco passing his fingers through my hair, I looked back at the teacher's table seeing Uncle's small smirk at my reaction, glad to know my suffering amuses you, Uncle.

I looked around the table, seeing the excited first year's, the deadpan on the older student's faces clearly also being done with the women, even Hermione looked like she would rather be watching flies pass than listen to our new professor, and trust me that's saying a lot.

Umbridge: ... I'm sure we will all be very good friends.

Fred/George: That's likely!

(Y/N): Yeah, when hell freezes.

She looked at us with a disapproving face, I looked across the room at the twins, cause they sat at the Gryffindor table today so they could welcome the first years and be with their housemates, and we all smirked at each other. They gave me a thumbs-up before discreetly high-fiving each other with full-blown grins.

Umbridge: The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance. Although each headmaster has brought something new to this historic school...

Dumbledore and Umbridge looked at each other and nodded with fake smiles on their faces, I swear the only thing faker than that was the horrid woman's nice educational voice along with how much the Ministry cares.

Umbridge: ...progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved, perfect what can be perfected, and prune practices that ought to be prohibited.

She gave a little laugh, before slowly walking away, Dumbledore applauded her slowly making other students do the same, Draco, Blaise, Hermione and I all shared a look of disdain.

Dumbledore: Thank you, Professor Umbridge. That really was most illuminating.

Illuminating isn't the word I would use, everyone with a brain could catch on the fact that her speech means that the Ministry is interfering at Hogwarts.

Blaise: I give it a week.

Hermione: Maybe two.

Draco: You guys have a lot of faith. I give it till the first lesson.

I looked at the three of them confused about what they were saying,

Draco: For you to lose your patience with her and kill her.

(Y/N): Seriously guys! The faith you all have in me is horrifying. I told Father I would behave, that means no killing our new teacher. No matter how much she annoys me or how much I want to.

Hermione: Oh yeah, and how do you truly feel about that?

I looked at her, recognizing her teasing voice before pouting.

(Y/N): Like he's ruining my fun.

They looked at me and laughed, I gave them all an offended glare.

(Y/N): I don't need to wait for our first Defense Against the Dark Arts class to know that I will get annoyed, I know I'm not the most patient person in the world...

Blaise: That's an understatement.

(Y/N): ...but you cannot blame me for sometimes thinking that murder is a better option for some people.

Draco: It's a crime, love.

(Y/N): So?

I laughed at the look on their faces, letting them know I was joking, mostly.