Dance Lessons

(Y/N) Pov

Breakfast passed like a blur after that, to be honest, breakfast must be one of the only times of the day we can just hang out and relax without having to argue with someone, I'm not saying it hasn't happened before but at least that's what it feels like.

Harry and Ron seemed to have made up, Hermione said it was during Gryffindor's party yesterday.

Hermione: Look at that.

I turned to what she had told me and laughed out loud, Harry was clearly head over heels for Cho Chang, he was taking a sip of his juice when she looked at him he went to smile but clearly forgot about the juice in his mouth.

How people thought he was my sibling is a shock to me but I also thought that until I found out the truth so I can't really blame them. Draco turned my head to him and slipped a grape into my mouth.

Draco: Eat.

I laughed, and put my head on his shoulder, he knew that I didn't want to eat anymore, he did that to bring my attention back to our table. A newspaper was dropped in front of us, Draco's owl stopping on his other shoulder right after it.

I reached for a treat on the table and gave it to her before petting her head.

Draco: It seems like that b*tch still has a brain.

I stopped petting his owl and paid attention to the piece of paper in his hands, Rita Skeeter had only published things about the way each participant handled their dragon, there was nothing about Draco and I or Draco, Viktor and I, just thinking about it made my stomach turn.

(Y/N): I hope so. I really don't feel like giving her any more warnings.

I looked at Uncle and he had a triumphal grin on his face, we won again. I really hope she has learned her lesson.

Nigel: Parcel for Ron Weasley!

We all looked to the Gryffindor table seeing a medium package in Ron's hand, he opened it and took out what seemed to be brown dress robes, he looked very confused, and something clicked in my head. I had completely forgotten about it. The Yule Ball. I looked at Hermione and she looked at me and nodded her head.

Hermione:  We have to go shopping.

(Y/N): Indeed my friend. And we are obviously very behind on it.

The boys looked at our exchange and laughed.

(Y/N): What are you guys laughing at? This goes for both of you as well.

Draco: Don't worry my love. I already have a suit, I just need a tie to match your dress.

(Y/N): How charming of you but I don't remember you asking to be my date or me saying yes.

I was obviously teasing him, of course, we were going together, but he took that seriously and started preparing something in that head of his.

.........................................................................

We were now having dance lessons with Uncle, the whole room was quiet even though the boys wanted to mock every little thing about this idea, Uncle stood in the middle of the room also clearly not enjoying this.

Uncle: The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since its inception. On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward. And I mean this literally because the Yule Ball is, first and foremost a dance.

Uncle's speaking was monotone, he clearly had been forced to say those words. Poor Uncle. Even though everyone knew this already you could hear gasps of excitement and whispers of protest from all around the room.

Uncle: Silence! I will not have a whisper in this room. As all of you are from highly regarded families. This means you all had etiquette lessons so I expect you to know how to dance at social gatherings but since most of you are dimwitted I will choose someone who is quite good as an example so look closely so we can get this done. And so help you Merlin if any of you embarrass this house during the actual thing.

With a wave of his wand, music filled the room, it was soothing.

Uncle: Mr. Malfoy and Miss Riddle. If you may.

I let out a small smile and got up from my seat meeting Draco in the middle of the room. Uncle was quite right we do know how to dance pretty well, seeing as we dance the whole night in any event that his parents host at the Manor. We readied ourselves and started to dance along to the song, I looked into Draco's eyes, that stormy grey that still mesmerized me after all this time, and he pulled me closer completely forgetting about the other people in the room, he twirled me around and pulled me back in, you could hear people mentioning how good we looked together before being quickly silenced my Uncle's freezing glare.

This moment took me back to what happened in the Common Room and it seemed like he thought of that too because he gave me one of his charming smirks, we didn't need to talk to understand each other, we just needed to look in each other's eyes and it was almost ad if everything just appeared in our heads, or sometimes our bodies would just react instantly to the other without much thought.

We continued to dance while looking into each other's eyes even after the music stopped, we would stay there until we got tired if Uncle hadn't fake coughed, I blushed bright red before stopping, Draco leaned down and gave me a quick kiss on the lips, before looking up to my Uncle waiting for him to continue speaking.

Uncle: What are you all waiting for? I gave you an example so get your arses up from those chairs find a partner and dance or would you prefer to go clean the potions classroom without any magic?

That was all it took for everyone to get up and do as they were told, I would at Uncle once again and laughed, he gave me a small grin also enjoying the reaction he had gotten from his students.

.........................................................................

Word Count: 1074