81. I DO

81. I DO

SEVEN MONTHS LATER ━ M A R C H

THE EARLY AFTERNOON was a testament to the ceremony that is supposed to happen in just a few hours. The clear skies and rustling trees bring a calming aura to the venue where guests are congregating and talking with one another.

Snacks are laid out on a buffet table to satiate their hunger if it comes to it and music plays from the live band in the corner.

In the building across the road from the decorated venue is the bride to be and her wedding party. Hally and Londyn had flown down to Charlotte to celebrate the joining of hands between Aliyah and Elijah and she couldn't be happier.

The makeup artist her mother hired is cleaning away her already shed tears as Jordan is latched onto her nipple for lunch. He's dressed in his baby suit with a black bow tie to match his father and his blue eyes stare up at his mother with interest.

Seven months later and she's still struck with absolute awe at what she and Elijah made. The tears she's shed throughout the day is almost cathartic.

The rest of her bridesmaids are stood behind her, steaming her dress and adding some finishing touches to her bouquet of white roses. She didn't feel like confining herself into the dress yet and welcomed the freedom with open arms.

Well, as open as they can be with a seven-month-old child in them.

She glances into the vanity mirror ahead of her and watches as her mom steps up behind her. Avoiding her just done hair, Kiara leans forward and kisses her cheek.

"You okay, baby?"

Honestly, Aliyah wasn't sure how to answer that question. She's excited and ready to marry the love of her life but she wished that her father could've been there by her side.

She wished he was by her side and walking her down the aisle and giving her away to her husband.

Some wishes just don't come true.

Pushing a smile onto her face, Aliyah nods and glances down to her son. Her beautiful son.

Despite the late nights he has his parents enduring, he sure does know how to sit quiet.

"I know you miss him, Liyah. I miss him too." She steps to the side as the makeup artist gives them space. The ceremony doesn't start for another forty-five minutes so they have time for a little pep talk, "But, guess what — he's up there looking down at you and smiling. He loves you and he's proud of you. We're both proud of you. You found a man who loves you with everything in him. You brought such a blessing into the world. Baby, you're the root of my pride."