44. BE HUMBLE

44. BE HUMBLE

"DAMN, THIS PLACE is beautiful

"DAMN, THIS PLACE is beautiful." Aliyah coos, her eyes staring out at the vast expanse of skyscrapers and lights outside the window the two were seated beside.

Elijah chuckles as he stares her down, "You're one to talk."

Aliyah tries her hardest not to release a girly giggle ━ that's not the type of thing she does ━ but Elijah is making it really hard not to.

"Are you trying to flatter me?" Aliyah teases, circling her wine glass, a wide smile on her face.

Elijah tilts his head, his eyes not leaving hers, "Is it working?"

"Yes," Aliyah laughs.

"Then, yes."

The two burst out in a fit of laughter, Aliyah resting the glass on the table so she doesn't end up spilling it. A moment passes as the laughter dies down.

"Alright, I have something to ask you," Aliyah starts, propping her elbow up on the white table cloth and resting her chin on the palm of her hand. Elijah hums in response, sipping his red wine, "Will you go to the wedding with me?"

He lowers the glass and raises an eyebrow at her, "Is that . . ."

Already knowing where his question is going, she nods, "Yeah, it's coming up fast and you have yet to attend a wedding with me and by me. You should see your woman's work in action." Aliyah boasts, teasingly.

His lips lift slightly into a smirk as he leans forward, following her action of propping her elbow up, "Way to be humble, babe."

Aliyah scrunched her nose up, playfully, "Hey, it's what I do best. You deserve to see it."

"I do," Elijah nods, "And that's why it would be my pleasure to accompany you."

"Aw, so formal," Aliyah laughs, reaching forward to run her finger over his scruff, "Thank you for taking me out tonight."

He holds her hand and brings it up to his lips. He lightly kisses her knuckles, "Of course. It's been a long time coming ━ our first official date as a couple."

Whistling lowly, Aliyah continues to run her finger down the side of his face, "That's wassup."

Elijah chuckles at her words before leaning forward and pressing his lips to hers. The kiss is short and sweet, but that doesn't stop Aliyah from having a small smile break out on her face.