27. HOPEFUL

27. HOPEFUL

ALIYAH'S LIPS TASTE OF HONEY AND strawberries

ALIYAH'S LIPS TASTE OF HONEY AND strawberries. They're intoxicating and Elijah just can't get enough ━ he tugs her closer to him, lessening the space between them until it's nonexistent.

A moan escapes her lips, encouraging him to massage his tongue against hers, savoring in her sweetness.

"Eli," She whispers against his lips before pulling away, her face flushed as she slaps her hand against her forehead, "We can't ━"

Elijah wavers, his eyes staring hers down as he raises an eyebrow, "Why not?"

"We're friends, Eli," Aliyah explains, her eyebrows furrowing as she goes to slide off the counter, only to be stopped by him, "We can't just kiss like it's nothing."

A smirk unfolds on Elijah's face as he pushes a strand of curly hair behind her ear, "It's not nothing, Aliyah."

"Hey, stop," She sighs shakily, leaning into his hand before pulling away, abruptly, "Stop distracting me."

"I'm distracting you?" He leans forward, connecting his lips to hers again with no protest. Pulling away, he smirks, "Was that distracting?"

Aliyah looked like she'd been drugged. Her eyes flutter closed as she takes her bottom lip into her mouth, her tongue running against the skin ━ taking in Elijah's sweet flavor.

Honestly, Elijah was a bit turned on as he watched her.

When she finally gets herself together, she looks up at him, meeting his bright blue eyes. At the sight of his smirk, she can't help the giggle that leaves her, "I'm serious."

"Yeah, I can tell." He leans forward, reaching for another kiss, "Hey, I get it one hundred percent."

"Then stop kissing me," Aliyah tries to hide the laugh that wants to bubble out of her at Elijah's handsome smile but she fights it.

"Then stop kissing me back." He retorts, raising an expectant eyebrow at her.

"Hands off," She commands playfully, releasing his shirt that she'd found herself gripping the entire time.

"Deal." Elijah removes his hands from her face and stares her down, the gears turning in his head as he takes in the look on her face.

Before he can say anything, Aliyah sighs, "I like you, Eli ━ I like you a lot. But I don't want to ruin what we have. We're already so good together as fr ━"

"Exactly," Elijah breaks the no touching rule to cup her cheek, "We're so good together. And I don't mean as friends ━ I mean as more." A moment passes as he thinks something over.

Elijah is a hopeful man. And he's also a man who's greatly in love with the woman in front of him. And the fact that she likes him a lot helps solidify his desire for her. If she's feeling almost the same thing he is, the only thing Elijah can do is try to strengthen that like to love.