17. PORNSTAR

17. PORNSTAR

"I THINK I'M GONNA BE a pornstar

"I THINK I'M GONNA BE a pornstar."

Toni's words have Aliyah choking on her shrimp alfredo. Quickly swallowing the food that was already in her mouth, Aliyah furrows her eyebrows at her best friend.

"I can't even tell if you joking or not," Aliyah scans Toni's face for any sign of amusement only to fall short.

"What should my pornstar name be?"

Aliyah's eyes widen as she stares down her best friend who was slurring her words.

She coughs and sips her red wine, "You tell me."

Toni hums in thought, "I was thinking a basic but unique name ━ like Charmaine or Coco Diamond."

As the names slip from Toni's lips Aliyah lets out a bark of laughter.

"Christ, Toni, Charmaine? You might as well just have 'DRY AND LONELY' stamped to your forehead." She chokes out as more laughs roll through.

"Aye, you shut up, Ms. I-ain't-get-none-for-ten-years," Toni snickers as she points to her friend.

Aliyah throws her head back with a groan, "It was a good life choice, mind you. Gave me time and the right headspace to get my life together."

"Couldn't be me," Toni winks, bringing her glass back up to her lips, "I be getting it on."

"With who?" Aliyah exclaims with shock in her tone.

"This dude I met at the gym last week," Toni informs, a suggestive smirk on her face, "I told you to come work out with me. You coulda gotten a husband already."

Shaking her head, Aliyah smacks her lips, "I'm good."

Toni, drunkenly, narrows her eyes and leans in closer, scanning Aliyah's face for any clues. Then, suddenly, she pulls away with a gasp.

"You like Elijah!"

When Aliyah told Toni about the whole situation with the doctor, she made it extremely clear that they're just friends ━ that they only do things that friends do. Of course, Toni was skeptical but with such good investigative skills, she uncovers things about Aliyah that not even Aliyah knows about Aliyah.

"No, I don't," Aliyah relays, her words coming out slurred, "You like Elijah!"

"I don't even know Elijah," Toni rolls her eyes, "Call him."