15. OUT OF HER LEAGUE

ALIYAH HAS NO CLUE why she signed up for any of this

ALIYAH HAS NO CLUE why she signed up for any of this. The longer she looked at herself in the mirror, the more she realized how out of her league she is.

In less than an hour, she'll be surrounded by talented surgeons, many of which, she's sure, has received one or two awards.

Shit, they probably rich as hell ━ hence why Elijah sent her a text letting her know that this get-together is semi-casual.

For whatever reason, Aliyah relates semi-casual at a get-together to a wealthy host.

And the fact that they're surgeons doesn't help that assumption.

But while Aliyah felt out of her league, she also felt beautiful.

Her skin was popping and her melanin was glowing.

For a second, she's self-conscious about the level of revealed cleavage before she realizes that she's a grown woman who can wear whatever she wants wherever she deems fit.

She glances at the time on her phone before grabbing her car keys, her coat, and her purse. Kyree went back to stay with Kiara and so she'd moved back into her room, which she couldn't be happier about.

Elijah had offered to drive her but after finding out that the party starts right when his shift ends, she didn't want him to go out of his way to pick her up ━ to which he insisted but since they were talking over the phone, his sparkling smile and puppy dog eyes did not work on Aliyah this time.

Typing the address that Elijah sent into Waze, she begins her trek down the stairs, the sun just beginning to set, sinking under the skyline.

She makes her way to her car before propping her phone up on the stand, blasting her music ━ Mind and Body by Ayelle filling her 2019 Toyota RAV4.

The drive to the gated community took no time at all. It was soothing and cleared Aliyah's nervous mind, her eyes scanning the beautiful houses as she passed them by.

She arrives at the address, her eyes widening when she sees how beautiful the house is.