07. BRIGHT BLUE EYES

BRIGHT BLUE EYES MEET brown under the annoyingly fluorescent light of the hospital room

Those bright blue eyes are the trigger to Aliyah's sudden remembrance of that night.

She remembers those bright blue eyes when they were filled with sorrow ━ she remembers him telling her why they were.

She remembers those bright blue eyes raking over her body as they couldn't keep their hands off each other in the cab back to his apartment.

She remembers those bright blue eyes staring down at her as he pounded into her with no mercy.

She remembers those bright blue eyes pleading for her to stay after she came seven times that night.

Seven.

And by the way those bright blue eyes were staring at her brown ones, he seemed to remember too.

"I don't usually do this," Elijah whispers before their lips meet in a clash of passion and determination. Their shirts are somewhere in the room, lost in the darkness.

Aliyah pulls him closer to her, arms and legs wrapping around his body to keep him on her. She whispers against his lips, "Me neither."

For a second, the two seemed to be the only people in the room ━ matter of fact, in the entire damn hospital.

The only thing that pulls them from their staring contest is Kyree clearing his throat in annoyance.

"Um, hellooo," He sings, waving his uninjured hand.

Aliyah is the first person to break her stare. She glances back down at her brother, missing the look that the doctor ━ that she slept with ━ sweeps her body with. He takes in her curves that are on display with the dress that hugs her body. He looks at her smooth shoulders and travels down to her exposed legs.

He can remember them being wrapped around his waist as he took her against his bedroom door.

Then the floor.

Then the bathroom counter.

Then ━

Suddenly, he snaps out of his daze and moves further into the room, on the other side of the hospital bed, across from Aliyah.

"I'm Dr. Elijah West, I'm gonna be taking care of you tonight," He introduces himself, focusing his gaze on the injured patient, "Kyree Pryce?" He waits for his patient to nod before looking at the woman, "And you must be...?"