65. DR. BLUE EYES

65. DR. BLUE EYES

CROCS SQUEAK AGAINST the vinyl flooring of the hospital as Aliyah runs towards the reception desk, unaware of the bonnet still on her head

CROCS SQUEAK AGAINST the vinyl flooring of the hospital as Aliyah runs towards the reception desk, unaware of the bonnet still on her head. Elijah trails behind her by seconds, sliding past people who are sat in the waiting area for their own loved ones.

Tapping her nail against the desk, she leans forward. She wasn't too worried about her breath - Elijah has some extra mouthwash in his car - "We're here for Halcyon Taylor. Pregnant, came in for a fall..." Aliyah describes, hoping she could get a quick answer.

"Are you family?" The nurse behind the desk questions, lazily. She looks bored, like she doesn't have a job to do.

Aliyah rolls her eyes, opening her mouth to cuss out this woman who didn't see to care much about anything. However, she's cut off by Elijah standing by her side, a stern look on his face.

The nurse's eyes light up at the sight of him. Her back visibly straightens and she pushes a smile on her face, "Dr. West. Hi."

Elijah wasn't taking her shit, "Is there a reason why you haven't told us where we can find Halcyon Taylor?"

Surprised by the way he brushes her off, the woman's eyebrows shoot up. "Oh, of course." She taps away at her computer, before looking up at the couple, "She's in Room 712 in the OB Wing. Sorry about the wait."

"I'm about to shove my foot up yo -"

Before Aliyah can finish her threat, Elijah pulls her away, preferring if she didn't make threats to hospital staff, regardless of how disrespectful they are.

"Is this how nurses act around you? You some hotshot round here?" Aliyah rolls her eyes and continues to mock her boyfriend, "Ooh, it's Dr. Blue Eyes. Made his girlfriend come seven times in one night." She recalls when he told her about the night Toni drunk called him.

Elijah rolls his eyes as the two approach the elevator, "Now is not the time." Taking notice of his girlfriend's appearance for the first time since they'd been moving in such a haste, he lightly takes the bonnet off.

"Now is not the time," The planner mocks as the door closes. Throwing her head back in frustration, the woman groans, "Why the hell is Maddox in California? Why the hell does he think it's a good idea to leave his pregnant fiancé then not even answer the phone?"

"Baby, it's three in the morning. Twelve in Cali — he's probably asleep." Elijah tells his girlfriend. He rests his head against the side of the elevator, a yawn escaping him. While he was awake, he was still tired.