43. DON'T SAY ANYTHING

"ELIJAH PUT YOU up to this, didn't he?" Aliyah stumbles out of the bathroom, pulling her shower cap from her head, roughly

Toni was flopped on the bed, short of breath as she had to run some errands while Aliyah was in the shower. Luckily, the wedding planner had taken her time ━ shaving everything, Toni assumed.

That gave Toni enough time to grab a suit from Elijah's closet and drive it to the hospital to give to him. He thanked her, profusely, for helping him out to which she replied:

"Y'all better get married or I'm busting the windows out yo damn car like my good sis Jazmine Sullivan once said."

Now, she's back at his place, waiting for Aliyah to put on the outfit she'd also pulled from the closet.

"Maybe," Toni trails off, her arms spread as if she's making a snow angel in Elijah perfect silky sheets, "Damn, you take forever."

"I just got out of the shower, Toni," Aliyah laughs, making her way over to her bag with her lotions and things. As she begins to lather her Jergens Shea Butter lotion on her fresh skin, she can't help but feel Toni stare into the side of her face. "Yes, ma'am?"

A wide, happy smile unfolds on Toni's face, "I'm happy for you."

"Huh?" Of course, Aliyah heard her but that was her way of asking her to elaborate.

Toni's grin widens, "He makes you happy and you make him happy. And that makes me happy. You deserve it."

Tears prick at Aliyah's eyes as a wide smile stretches across her beautiful face. She gets to work on doing her makeup with a conversation being held by Toni who was plucking at the sheets.

"Do y'all fuck in these sheets?"

Aliyah was thrown all the way off guard at her best friend's question. A weird sound escapes her, "Uhhhhhh, no."

"Is it strictly the shower? 'Cause y'all know I be sleeping in this bed too ━"

"Toni." Aliyah grinds out her name, "Please stop."