11. CHICKEN SCRAWL

11. CHICKEN SCRAWL

IF THERE'S ONE THING Aliyah Jasmine Pryce hates, it's grocery shopping

It's the putting on basic ass clothes to buy food. The process is tedious and boring and Aliyah couldn't be any more annoyed at the fact that she didn't have any company with her.

Kyree was still on bed rest, hence why he didn't go with her to Asheville the day before, so he was basically being babysat by Toni.

Surprisingly, their mother hadn't questioned Kyree's sudden need to stay over at his sister's place and, honestly, Aliyah has no clue what's going to happen when he starts going back to school.

She might have to stop by and inform them of the things happening within their doors.

Which reminds her that he has a follow-up tomorrow and she has to see Elijah again.

Elijah.

She didn't know she was even capable of suggesting to be friends. But, on the walk over to the restaurant, she came to realize that they only slept together because of severely clouded judgment.

It wasn't fair to either of them.

And some part of her didn't expect for him to agree.

But, she's glad he did.

The rest of the lunch went great. In the thirty minutes that Aliyah had before she had to leave for another appointment, they talked about a case study that Elijah was about to start that Aliyah was immensely interested in ━ growing bones in a lab from stem cells.

Okay, she was moreso interested in watching him speak about something he's so passionate about.

He walked her back to her office, the smile not leaving her face even after he left.

Now, two days later, Aliyah stands at the entrance of the grocery store, her finger scrolling through her camera roll to try to find the list of things she was supposed to get.

When she does that, her next mission is to read through her brother's chicken scrawl.