70. FOOT FETISH

70. FOOT FETISH

"YOU WHAT?" ALIYAH SCREECHES in surprise when she hears her brother's voice over the car speakers

"YOU WHAT?" ALIYAH SCREECHES in surprise when she hears her brother's voice over the car speakers. "Run that back, Turbo — it's hard to hear over the sound of your stupidity."

"I said —" Kyree exhales heavily. He sits at the step right by the front door, a tear rolling down his cheek, "I walked out of mommy's house and got an Uber here."

Aliyah pinches the bridge of her nose in annoyance, "How she allow yuh fi walk outta the house, Kyree? Yuh nuh understand how dangerous it is to be walking out the house at this time of night?"

The teenager in question huffs, not wanting to talk about it.

"Kyree!" Aliyah repeats, louder this time. How does he have the audacity to be popping up at her house late at night unexpected with no explanation? Yes, she would've been fine with it if their mom approved of it and dropped him off herself or if they were the ones picking him up — but he took an Uber knowing that the women in the family weren't comfortable with that form of transportation.

He sighs, "I don't want to talk about it yet."

"Did you get someone pregnant?" Aliyah throws the assumption out, her mind racing with thoughts.

Kyree sputters as if that's the last thing on his mind, "Hell no — I'm a virgin."

Aliyah sighs and removes a hand from the steering wheel to run a hand over her face. Teenagers...

She shuffles through the thoughts in her mind before speaking aloud, "The code is 3531 — you better not be tryna throw no damn party, Kyree. I mean it."

Kyree nods, that not being his intent, "I wasn't planning on it." He says, honestly.

"I'll cashapp you some money for pizza. Make sure you arm the system after you get the food, okay? You know where the guest room is, I'll be home in the morning but Eli's going back tonight. I hope y'all don't do some dumb shit tonight. And by that, I mean NO DRINKING!" Aliyah finishes off her tangent with her most important rule. However, she trusts both of her boys.

Kyree almost sheds more tears as he hears his sister's words. She's always looking out for him. Part of him expected her to pick him up and drive him back home, but instead, she's respecting his decision to not tell her what went down between him and Kiara. She might be yelling, but he chalks that up to pregnancy hormones.

She's always gonna stick by his side.

"Yeah, I got it." He says, standing to put the code in the keypad by the door. "Thank you."