50. BIRTHDAY BITCH

50. BIRTHDAY BITCH

ALIYAH'S VISION IS CLOUDED with white on white on white as she steps into the club, Elijah — also dressed in white — by her side

Hally and Liyah (and Toni because she's not capable of leaving stuff to be done by other people) had worked hand-in-hand-in-hand to rent out the club for the night and plan the event that is — Toni Rothford's surprise-not-so-surprise birthday party.

The theme is all-white, hence the magnitude of people wearing white dresses and white suits all either tucked into corner booths or mingling on the dance floor as they wait for Toni to arrive with her new man.

"Damn," Elijah whistles as his eyes travel the room. His hand travels down to rest on the area right above Aliyah's ass as he turns to her, "You went all out."

A smile unfolds on her glossed lips as she tucks her hand in his back pocket, "Did you expect any less?"

Her man shakes his head with a slick smirk on his face. Leaning forward, he presses a kiss to her awaiting lips and whispers against them. "Definitely not."

"IS THAT MISS ALIYAH PRYCE?" Aliyah's eyes widen in excitement when she hears that familiar voice that she hasn't heard in months — except for over the phone.

She pulls away from the kiss with a wide smile on her face and turns to face the woman approaching her.

"IS THAT MISS HALCYON TAYLOR?" She returns the greeting with a happy squeal. Elijah watches as his girlfriend ambles away in her six-inch heels towards a woman he'd never met before.

Aliyah and Hally crash in a longing hug. The two hadn't been together — in person — since last Christmas. Now, it's almost Thanksgiving and the two missed each other greatly.

"I missed you too damn much," Hally whispers into her favorite cousin's ear, low enough so she's the only one to hear it but loud enough that she can hear her over the music blasting from the speakers.

Aliyah pulls away and rests her freshly manicured hands over Hally's hair. Their eyes meet, "I missed you more." Her bottom lip pokes out in a pout. "Ready to turn up?"

Hally could've laughed at the tone Aliyah used — almost sad but her words were so encouraging.

"Girl, stop," Hally laughs and takes her cousin's hand, "First, Imma need you to introduce me to Elijah — homeboy look so lost over there."

Aliyah follows where Hally's finger is pointing to see Elijah just awkwardly standing where Aliyah had left him. She motions for him to come over, a bright smile on her face.

As he approaches them, Aliyah turns to Hally with a quick question, "Where's yours?" Before Hally can answer, Elijah is standing on the outskirts of where the girls are standing.