63. READY WHENEVER YOU ARE

THE WEDDING PLANNER WAS sleeping lightly when she heard the door to her bedroom crack open

THE WEDDING PLANNER WAS sleeping lightly when she heard the door to her bedroom crack open. Knowing fully well who it is, she scoots over in her bed and exhales softly. Elijah pulls his shirt off before easing in behind his girlfriend.

Planting a kiss on the back of her neck, he throws his arm around her waist, lovingly.

The sun filters through the curtains making Aliyah squeeze her eyes shut. She doesn't want to get out of bed. Especially since Elijah's back from work and cuddling into her.

Despite that, she seems to be wide awake and twiddling with Elijah's fingers. Since the party last week, she'd been pondering the test and her decision to not tell Elijah that she took it. Despite getting a negative, she still felt slightly queasy on some days.

Her period started the day after the party though so she wasn't even sure what was going on.

But what she does know is that relationships are built on communication and her keeping this simple thing from him could be the foundation to a relationship built off of secrets and lies.

She doesn't want that.

Hence why she tightens her grip around his forearm.

"You smell good," Elijah grumbles, exhaustion deep in his voice and demeanor. Aliyah sighs in content as he presses against her.

She runs a finger over his, "Thank you, baby. It's called a shower."

"Wow, really?" Elijah says, sarcastically, kissing the same spot on her neck again, "Never heard of it."

Aliyah rolls her eyes playfully before turning to face her man. His eyes are half closed and his breathing is even as he tries to fall asleep.

Might as well get it out now.

"Elijah," She whispers, watching as he blinks slowly,. He hums tiredly, "I took a pregnancy test on Saturday."

His eyes shoot open, all signs of sleep gone from his gaze, "You did?"

She nods, avoiding his gaze and running her fingers over his bearded jaw. The look on his face was hopeful, yet confused. He was confused on why she looked so sad.

"What did it say?" He questions softly, "Are you...?"

Shaking her head, she can't help the tear that escapes her duct and rolls down her temple to land on her pillow. "And I don't know why I'm crying again. I'm sorry."

"Baby, no," Elijah stops her, wiping her tears away, "You have nothing to be sorry for." Pausing, he conjures up his next words, "What did you want it to say?"

Aliyah still wasn't really sure. Despite constant contemplation, she still wasn't sure if she was happy or sad about it.

On one hand, she wants to wait until after marriage. On the other, the love that flows between the two is enough to make her want to make someone new from that love — someone she would be honored to bring into the world.

That's why she's partially disappointed in the results.

"I don't know." She says, honestly, her mind overrun with different thoughts and scenarios about having a child with the love of her life, "I wouldn't be against it." She pauses, searching his blue eyes, "Would you?"

Furrowing his eyebrows in surprise, Elijah presses a kiss to Aliyah's lips, "Never. I would be honored to have a kid with you, Aliyah." He scans her glossy eyes, a small smile growing on his face at the prospect of having kids with his woman, "Does this mean you don't wanna wait until we're married?"

Aliyah laughs at the way he said what he said before cuddling closer to him, throwing her leg over his thighs, "I'm ready whenever you are."

ALIYAH AND ELIJAH SIT in the realtor's office, their fingers intertwined as they wait for their agent to meet with them

The wedding planner was staring at her man's hand, eyebrows furrowed in concentration as she caresses his fingernails, "You got pretty hands."

Elijah tries not to bust out laughing at his girlfriend's forwardness. She can tell that he's trying not to laugh at her, "What?" She turns to him.

Leaning towards her, he moves a hand to the side of her head, cradling her face gently. Just when it looked like he was about to kiss her, he stops an inch from her lips and whispers, "You are the weirdest person I've ever known."

Kissing her teeth, she plants a hand on his face and pushes him away, only for their very short conversation to be cut off by the door being opened.

"Hello, West Family," Henry, their real estate agent enters the room, his voice high and excited. The couple hadn't even had a chance to correct him before he plops himself on the chair across from them, "I take it you guys are ready to close on the property I showed you two weeks ago."

You can tell he running for this check.

Elijah nods and glances at Aliyah, meeting her eyes, "Yeah, Henry, we are."

k so this is kinda short but i just wanted to say

my heart breaks for those in nigeria — spread awareness of what is happening there #endsars

if you aren't aware, here is a link to a very informative instagram post:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGlZ2Lcltfv/?igshid=17m2crdkcgg85

i'll also post it on my message board in case the link doesn't work on the chapter