69. HEAVY SNOW

69. HEAVY SNOW

THE SOUND OF HEAVY SNOW beating against the couple's bedroom window is what makes Aliyah stir from her deep sleep

THE SOUND OF HEAVY SNOW beating against the couple's bedroom window is what makes Aliyah stir from her deep sleep. Her hand is tucked under her pillow — her bones release a resounding pop at the new movement after being in one position for hours.

She wasn't that big yet that she couldn't sleep on her stomach — damn, this is the most comfortable she's slept in a while anyway. A small smile unfolds on her face as she watches the snow pelt down.

Charlotte is usually known for snow not sticking — but Aliyah couldn't help but hold out hope that it would this year. It's late March so it's not completely impossible.

She has the urge to say 'fuck it' and stay in bed all day, but unfortunately, work beckons. Aliyah whips her head around slowly to face her boyfriend, a bright smile growing on her face as she takes in his asleep nature. His face is relaxed — very different from the furrowed eyebrows and wrinkled forehead that seems to be a permanent face for him.

Leaning closer, Aliyah plants a kiss on the corner of his mouth before rolling out of her side of the bed and approaching the open blinds.

Staring at the snow just made her want to roll back into bed and not open her eyes for a couple more hours. Lucky for Elijah, he has the day off.

However, later, both of them are going to be busy with Hally and Maddox's bachelor and bachelorette party/baby shower. Aliyah can't believe her cousin's about to be a married woman in less than a month.

Propping her hands on her hips, she stretches backward, her back popping. Damn.

Before Elijah can wake up and coax her back into bed, the woman takes a quick shower and changes into her work clothes. She packs a bag with her clothes to sleepover at Hally's place.

With her teeth brushed and a cherry blossom scent floating off her, the woman bends and presses sweet kisses all over her boyfriend's face. He stirs before opening his eyes and meeting hers.

She kisses his lips and pulls away, only for him to take control and pull her back into his touch. The kiss is affectionate and loving.

He pecks her lips again, "Good morning."

"Good morning, baby." She greets him before straightening her back, "I gotta go to work."

"Noo," Elijah whines, "Don't leave meh."

Aliyah busts out laughing at the accent he puts on his voice, "Boy, if you don't —"