57. RING ON HERE

57. RING ON HERE

NEEDLESS TO SAY, ALIYAH was not ready for Thanksgiving dinner with Elijah's family

NEEDLESS TO SAY, ALIYAH was not ready for Thanksgiving dinner with Elijah's family. Not even that - she wasn't ready for both of their families to be in the same room.

It's a big step in their relationship and she was ready for that aspect - but from Aliyah's experience, having two very domineering black women in the same space for longer than an hour can be detrimental to everyone's toleration level.

She adjusts the top part of her jumpsuit with the full awareness that she has to go buck ass naked just to pee. She was already starting to regret her choices tonight.

She couldn't lie though - it's a cute jumpsuit

She couldn't lie though - it's a cute jumpsuit. It was a bit big when she bought it a couple of months ago, but now, it fits like a glove.

A good relationship really does cause healthy weight.

Aliyah even told Elijah to match with her. It's the least he could do considering he practically set this whole thing up.

Okay, not him. But still.

"Babe," He walks into the bedroom, not looking at her as he makes a beeline to the night table for his watch, "You ready?"

"I don't know, am I?" She questions looking at him through the mirror she stands in front of.

"Please don't tell me I'm ready before - Damn," He cuts himself off as he turns to look at his girlfriend (whew lawd, something in me was telling me to type 'wife'). "You look fine as fuck." He steps towards her, wrapping his arms around her waist with his chest to her back. "I'm very lucky to have you in my life, Aliyah."

Her cheeks heat up as she meets his eyes through the mirror. She rests a hand on his and watches as his eyes shift to look at them.

"I can't wait to put a ring on here," He says, fiddling with her left ring finger. Aliyah can't help the wide smile that breaks out on her face before she turns in his arms and wraps hers around his neck.

Tipping on her toes, she pecks his jaw, "I love you."

"I love you more," He tells her before kissing her again, savoring in the strawberry gloss she'd applied. "You feeling better?"