L x Vampire! Reader // PART 2

He stood there after you asked him, clearly shocked and at a loss of words.

"I can sense your heartbeat you know, and its quite a bit faster than it was before."

You tease, laughing lightly before walking by him and back out towards the living room.

"Up to you. When you've been alive for over two hundred years you learn you have nothing to lose by shooting your shot, and I think you're pretty cute. Besides, you've been very kind to me."

You playfully flirt back behind you, sitting down on a black couch in the living room, only now taking notice of stacks of tapes and boxes of files strewn all around, as well as several monitors in front of a comfortable looking black office chair. Shugging, you use a pinky finger to pick at your fang a bit before you hear someone stepping into the room.

"Well?"

You ask, looking at his slightly hunched over form upside down as you let your head drop over the arm rest of the couch.

"I've never been on a date before. Besides...It's not like we can go out anywhere."

He states casually, and you pause - honestly not all that surprised. I mean....Just look at him, he looked more like a vampire than you did. Regardless however, you definitely did feel a tug of attraction towards this strange, slightly hunched over man standing adjacent from you.

But...That alone was unusual. Usually when you find yourself crushing on someone - spontaneously or not - it only ever happens when you want to completly ravage that person and sink your fangs into thier adorable little neck. Not that you wouldn't want to do that to him eventually, But this time it was different... Somehow. He had been genuinely kind to you from the second he found you, which you couldnt help but allow your cold heart to flutter slightly over. That certainly hadn't happened in awhile.

"W-well, I'd be happy to be your first, regardless if we go anywhere. You could consider me to be a romance expert, since you know...I had an extra couple hundred years time to hone my skills."

You add, trying to pass it off as if it were a casual suggestion, while he spends a moment in thought.

"...I can get us some cake if you'd like...That is, if you eat normal food..."

He suggests, probably unsure of what to do. You can't help but laugh a bit at his suggestion - it's not like you couldnt eat it, you just didn't have to. But, you found it sweet, so you agree regardless.

You didn't have to wait long, and very shortly after you agree to his offer he returns with two slices of strawberry cake, placing one down next to you before stepping up on the couch, almost perching up while he pokes his fork into the sweet strawberry on top of the frosted surface.

As you open your mouth for a bite of cake tourself, you can't help but feel a pair of eyes on you.

"What?"

"How sharp are your fangs?"

He asks suddenly, sliding his curious eyes from your mouth to meet your gaze.

"Wanna find out?"

You ask teasingly, and he seems slightly unamused before you decide to humour him, openinf your mouth slightly to reveal your set of sharp fangs.

"These are for biting,"

You begin, pointing at your top set.

"And these are are so anything I happen to be biting doesn't get away. I don't normally have to use them, but since you've been so curious.."