Sick! L x Reader

A/N: Small Hc. When L gets sick (which is rare, seeing the guy never goes out), he gets really sick, and absolutely milks it like a needy little kid.

ALSO! heartstorys4you helped with writing this chapter! Make sure to give some love and maybe a follow on instagram, arcane.saga ♡

You hated how stubborn he was. Absolutely hated it. Of course, if he had listened to you for once, he wouldn't be as sick as he was now. But here you were, with a extremely ill L moping in your bed.

"You just had to stand out in the rain again for no reason again, didn't you?"

"It's never gotten me sick before."

He responds, his voice sounding rather stuffed up.

"And I told you it was only a matter of time before it did, especially since it is flu season."

You sigh, fed up with his attitude that he always had to be right as you cross your arms and lean against the wall. He doesn't respond, and you sigh in defeat, knowing now that you were in this situation, there was nothing to do but to just make sure he got well soon.

"Anyway..Here, let me take your temperature."

You sigh, softening at the sorry sight of your boyfriend in the state he was in. Sitting down next to him, you touch your hand gently to his forehead, which was burning up completely. Shaking your head, you get up and grab a thermometer from the bathroom, coming back a few moments later.

"You feel really hot. I want to see what it actually is. Open up."

You gently order, and reluctantly he does so. After waiting a moment, you check, shocked at what it read.

"One hundred and two degrees. That's pretty high honey, you should probably take the day off work."

You suggest, giving him a worried look.

"I can't though."

He retorts, rubbing his eyes as he sniffs- his red nose standing out of his usual pale skin. You understood why he felt like he needed to go. Watari was out on buisness for the week which meant there was nobody to fill in, and you debate calling him as you think for a bit. In all honesty, you wished he was here. Of course you loved L, but he tended to be a high maintenance handful when he was under the weather, especially with the little amount of self care he did for himself. Watari could help with that, or at the very least keep him from going to work.

"Lawliet, I'm sorry to say that you don't have much of a choice. I'm not going to let you go."

You finally say firmly while you look at your boyfriend, telling him to listen to you for once while you place a hand on your hip.

"I'm fine. I'll get through one day."

He says, coughing lightly at the end of his sentence.

"A fever that high is most certainly not fine! You need to rest today, you wont be able to work well if you're this sick. I'm sure the world won't fall apart if you take a day for your personal health."