Elevator // MATURE

It was so hot today. This summer had been rather mild so far, but today was different. Everyone was out having fun at beaches, or spending the day enjoying the sunshine while eating ice cream, but here you were. Stuck doing deliveries for the bakery you worked at.

At the very least, you didn't have to be in the store with the sweltering ovens in this kind of heat, and could enjoy driving around with your music on and the windows down. So it wasnt so bad...That was until today.

"(y/n), we have another delivery coming up! You mind taking it?"

Your boss asks while you look up from boxing up cookies, and nod while you finish up.

"Sure. Where to?"

You ask, taking the delivery slip from him and eyeing the adress. It was for the top floor of the sort of ritzy hotel across the city, and the order consisted of a fairly hefty strawberry cake along with some pastries to go along with.

"Must be for a special occasion."

You say, and walk over to grab the bag with the treats in it before making sure you had your car keys.

"Anyway, I'll see you in a bit."

You continue, walking out of the bakery and toward your car. Getting in, you let out a small groan to find it was an oven in there. sighing, you start up the engine and head out on your way.

Once at the hotel, you walk briskly through the lobby before stopping at the elevators. Noticing that it was one of the ones you had to have a key card to operate, you glance arou d before spotting someone nearby.

"Excuse me, sorry to bother you but.... Do you mind buzzing me up? I have a delivery I'm making to floor fifteen."

You ask sweetly, smiling at a dark haired individual standing at the elevator doors.

"Sure."

He shrugs in a slightly monotone voice, and you hop in with him before he scans his key card and pushes the button before stepping back again.

"You're going to the same floor?"

You ask, trying to make a bit of pleasant conversation while the elevator begins to go upward.

"Yes, actually. What's the room number on your ticket?"

He asks as two grey eyes trace toward you while he places an index finger to his lips, and you tilt your head.

"Wha...Oh! It's....Room number 1556. Order for some pretty nice looking cakes and pastries."

You smile, and you see him perk up slightly.

"Then I think that's actually for me. Strawberry, right?"

He asks, and you glance down at the ticket before you nod.

"Yea, that's certainly a convenient coincidence! Do you want me to just take it to your room with you?"

You ask kindly, and he smiles only a tiny bit in response.

"If that's no trouble. I would pay here but I don't have my wallet on me."

He answers, and you wave your free hand just a bit.

"Of course not. that won't be a problem at a-"

You begin, but just then, you feel the elevator jolt before shuddering violently for a few seconds while it grinds to a sudden halt. Surprised, you look at each other quickly before you shift, honestly a little scared.

"W-what just..."

You mumble, looking at the number pad for the floors, stepping over to press it again. But your stomach twists when the normally white numbers all turn red, not letting you select anything.