L x Psychologist!Reader

A/N: holllllyyy moly this is a long one, and it's a bit sad, to be honest. Part two is on the way, but this update is more of an in depth analysis into Ls character. I'm super proud of it so far so I would really appreciate if you gave it a read!

Also watch the little video it's cute and I think it fits even though this chapter is kinda depressing lmao

"Good morning Doctor (l/n)."

You hear as you walk into your office, and you take your coat off before hanging it up on one of the racks, checking the time.

"Morning. Any appointments sceduled for this morning?"

You ask, and the secretary types on the computer for a moment before printing off a page.

"Yep. One at 11 am. New patient."

She says, handing you a small file before you walk towards your office, opening the door before placing your briefcase down. Opening up the folder, you take a look at who would be coming in. No name on the patients document. Strange, must have been a typo or something. Slipping the paper into a clip board and attaching it to the door, you check the time before taking out your notebook and pen, flipping to a new page before writing the date on the top. They should be here in around twenty minuets.

I'm early. Dang, if I had known that the appointment wasnt for a little while I would have grabbed a coffee or something.

You think, opening the blinds in your office window before settling into your chair. It was rainy out today, which made a rather nice ambient noise in your office. Leaning back, you wait for your appointment to come in. Awhile of waiting passed while you looked at current patient documants and session progress, and soon you hear footsteps down the hallway, stopping before your door.

"Just in here."

She says, opening the door while you smile and stand up, seeing the secretary with a raven haired individual standing behind her, his hands in his pockets.

"Hello there. I'm doctor (l/n). Please, come in, have a seat and make yourself comfortable."

You smile, allowing him to walk in and sit down on the couch, bringing his knees up to his chest. Odd, but there was no real point in saying anything.

"Now then, what brings you in today?"

You ask, sitting down across from him and smoothly crossing your legs.

"I dont know. I was made to."

He says bluntly, with a look of 'I just want to get this over with' on his face. Already you could tell he didnt want to be here, and you set aside your notepad before looking up, a gentle smile on your lips.

"Well, you were probably referred here for a reason. Why might they have done that for you?"

You ask, and he sighs while he shrugs.

"Apparently it would be good for me. Work is...Taking a toll on me lately, but I don't see reason for a psychologist appointment."

He says, his voice monotone as can be.

"I see...Well, what do you do for work?"

You ask with a smile, trying to make him more comfortable with speaking.

"Law enforcement. Detective work, mainly."

He says, and you nod.

"Well, in that field it must be easy to get a little stressed, especially when it comes to Kira out there. Are you working with the main investigation team directly? I've heard that even L is on the case."