The Corpse Husband // Part 2

A little shocked from L walking off like that, you get up and look around without spotting him. Not wanting to get lost and admittedly a bit panicked, you look around before slowly navigating your way back to where you originally woke up.

"Wheres Ryuzaki?"

Light asks as you walk in, and you shrug while you put down the candies he had left you with.

"I told him I dont feel the same way he does...He didn't take it too well."

You answer, and Light walks over while he shrugs.

"Well no matter what he feels, you still don't belong here, and he has to accept that whether he likes it or not. I can't believe he actually brought you here, my God."

He says, and looks over.

"Look, since he was the one to bring you, he has to get you out too. He usually goes down to this old music hall that's always deserted if he storms off like that, so I'd assume that's where he is."

He says, and you nod.

"O-okay. Where is it exactly?"

You ask, and he gives quick instructions on how to get there before you grab the candies and head out. It took a little while, but finally you find the place described, and walk in. It was silent. Eerily silent, which made you especially scared since there were walking corpses everywhere in this place. Taking a deep breath, you walk deeper into the building, and eventually heard music. Piano, to be exact. It was a sad and almost haunting song that was being played, and you feel a lump in your throat as you slowly step towards where it was coming from.

Turning the corner and slipping through a heavy oak door that was cracked open, you could see L at a grand piano across the room, alone as his hands moved across the keys slowly. Immediately feeling your heart sink at the fact that you caused this, you listen for a moment as you stand there silently. It was a beautiful song, but so sorrowful. One that projected perfectly the way he probably felt, and the ache of his heart. His love for you was unrequited, the relationship between you didn't come to be when it was possible or when he was still alive. He also felt guilty for pulling you down here when all you wanted to do was leave. It made you feel awful, but he probably felt so too.

Slowly stepping over, he stops when you reach next to him, not looking over.

"I...I didn't know you played piano."

You smile softly, trying to lighten the mood slightly as you break the silence.

"Yea."

He answers bluntly, obviously hurt.

"You play beautifully. How come you never did back when you were....Upstairs?"

You ask, and he shrugs again before sighing.

"You mean before I died? I never had the time I guess."

He says, and you sit next to him on the small piano bench, before looking up and taking a deep breath.

"I wish I had known. Here, I can play a little too."

You say, and move over a bit before you tap the keys in an incredibly simple tune you knew, seeing a small smile appear on L's lips.