L x Reader // Engagement

A/N: OKAY IM SORRY FOR THE LAST CHAPTER HERES ONE TO MAKE UP FOR IT

Anyway, recovery chapter where the engagement doesn't end up with you killed

"(y/n) dear, why don't you take a break for a little while?"

L says, lightly rubbing your shoulders as you keep tapping away on your computer.

"That's certainly out of character for you to say mister workaholic."

You laugh, not glancing up from the screen. he then sighs as he brings his lips to the nape of your neck, almost giving you whiplash from pulling you out of focus so quickly.

"I want to show you something my love."

He says as he kisses the tip of your ear, making your cheeks burn.

"So can you take a break for me...?"

He asks in almost a whisper, starting to take the bobby pins out of your hair you had up. You take a few seconds to answer, and soon feel your hair being taken down, as well as some long fingers interlacing into it.

"Hmm, alright, what do you want to show me?"

You ask, standing up and putting yourself in his arms momentarily while plants a soft kiss on your cheek.

"Come with me."

He mutters as he joins your hands, soon after taking you upstairs and to the roof of the building. Once there, you notice that the sky was in the midst of the most gorgeous sunset you've ever seen, and he smiles as he leads you to the railing of the extremely tall skyscraper, squeezing your hand in his.

"A sunset? How sentimental."

You tease while he embraces you from behind and rests his head on the top of yours, and his hands on your hips.

"Not just an ordinary sunset."

He says in a mellow tone, making you pull your eyebrows together.

"What do you mean?"

You ask, and you feel his heartbeat quicken behind you. He then clears his throat as he spins you around towards him, and he takes a deep breath before he kisses your cheek again, looking at you with two panda eyes.

"(y/n)... I love you."

He stammers, and you smile as you take his hands in yours.

"I love you too."

You answer, and he smiles only slightly before taking another deep breath, looking away from your direct gaze.

"...(y/n), I....I love you More than anything in this world. And it took quite a bit of thought, but... I want you to be mine and only mine for the rest of our lives."

He says as he slides his hand up your arm, causing you to look up towards him, feeling butterflies exploding in your heart.

"And just so you know, I'm 100% serious about this..."

He continues, looking upward before he fishes around in his back pocket, and soon pulls something out and lifts it towards you.

"So, (y/n) (l/n)... Will you marry me?"